Hacking Can't update my WiiU 5.3.2u (bricked ?)

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello,

I'm splitting from a previous discussion to avoid hijacking the previous thread.

I have a WiiU 5.3.2u and I was advised to update to 5.5.1.
I tried differents ways but nada (https://gbatemp.net/threads/please-...ersion-5-3-2-help-please.445076/#post-6749160).

Someone suggested my console is bricked.

"How can I know my WiiU is bricked ? (is there a way ?)
Beside updating the internal software all is running fine."

Thanks for your help with that !

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you modified the vWii at all and if so which guide did you use? If the vWii has been modified incorrectly it can prevent your WiiU from updating

Reactions: Kafluke

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm splitting from a previous discussion to avoid hijacking the previous thread.

I have a WiiU 5.3.2u and I was advised to update to 5.5.1.
I tried differents ways but nada (https://gbatemp.net/threads/please-...ersion-5-3-2-help-please.445076/#post-6749160).

Someone suggested my console is bricked.

"How can I know my WiiU is bricked ? (is there a way ?)
Beside updating the internal software all is running fine."

Thanks for your help with that !
Like @lembi2001 said. Did you try to hack the wii side of your wii u? If you did then go into the homebrew channel on the wii side and run a program called syscheck. Post the results of that program here and we can help you

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely think its this, if the WiiU was "bricked" would it still boot?!
Remove Tubehax DNS

It could be a softbrick on the vWii side. If he has installed any Wii cIOS's instead of vWii cIOS's this will effectively break the vWii and prevent the WiiU from updating. If the vWii has been softmodded then runing syscheck on it and posting the output will identify if it is the vWii that is preventing the update.

I checked the original posting again:

Mmm... I blocked previously the urls on my ADSL Router to avoid any connection/update of my WiiU.
Now I just removed those rules.

On my WiiU I create a connection using automatic setting (I just entered my WiFi password).
DNS are those from my router I guess. I checked there, nothing fancy... DNS from my provider.

I turn off all device on my network.
Plugged off my 2 routers (one ADSL connection one repeater)
Plugged off the WiiU and move it VERY close to the main router
Turn Back on only the ADSL and the WiiU
Turned on the WiiU and recreated a new connection
Check the WiiU connect to internet (nintendo.com)
Launch Software Update = Same... :(

Software update start and failed.
What is the ip of the update server ? (I want to check I can get there).
Changing the country will help ? (I live in the Middle-East but set as USA) ? Edit : I tried with "country of residence: Arabia Saudi" didn't help neither.

Thanks guys for your help !

As you can see he recreated the connection on his WiiU and removed the blocked addresses. Leads me to think even more that he has borked his vWii

Last edited by lembi2001,

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be a softbrick on the vWii side. If he has installed any Wii cIOS's instead of vWii cIOS's this will effectively break the vWii and prevent the WiiU from updating. If the vWii has been softmodded then runing sysceck on it and posting the output will identify if it is the vWii that is preventing the update.

Oh wow, did not know having a faulty vWii would prevent the update. What exactly does it look like? WiiU functioning, but when you try to update...? crash? just endless searching...?

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First, you said you didn't modify the vWii in the other thread, is this true or not? vWii is the old Wii system that is included as a separate OS on the Wii U. If you didn't, and you bought it new, dont worry about vWii shit.

Secondly, this might sound stupid, but move the Wii U closer to your access point or buy the USB Ethernet Adapter. The error code you mentioned in the other thread is one that pops up from the Wii U's shitty ass Wifi sometimes, and yes it can happen when doing updates even if webpages are loading fine. Blame Nintendo.

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Sorry was out in the wild... answers in order;

lembi2001, I tried to follow 2 or 3 different tuto to install exploits to have loadiine working. From this website and from youTube. Can't remember exactly what.

jailminer, I didn't used "DNS update blocker" I had my router to block specific url (7 or 8 from nintendo) all open now.

Kafluke, I'm not sure 100%. However I don't recall any "syscheck". Using the loadiine.ovh url I can run homebrew and I see 8 app : ddd, FTPiiU, Hombrew Launcher, Loadiine GX2, nnu-patcher, Saviine, TCP gecko and WUP Installer. So I downloaded SyCheck 1.6.2 at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SysCheck and also HomeBrew Browser at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser.
HomeBrew Browser doesn't appear on my app list. :(
SyCheck on launch, black screen nothing more. ( I tried several time, plugged out the power plug) re :(
I tried to find older version but I couldn't.

EclipseSin, I bought a new WiiU 5.3.2u. Your suggestion is not stupid. :D I did put the WiiU very close to the router.

I did try another time the update, same error : 108-0135. I can't find a what it means.

Yeah all this stink !

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry was out in the wild... answers in order;

lembi2001, I tried to follow 2 or 3 different tuto to install exploits to have loadiine working. From this website and from youTube. Can't remember exactly what.

jailminer, I didn't used "DNS update blocker" I had my router to block specific url (7 or 8 from nintendo) all open now.

Kafluke, I'm not sure 100%. However I don't recall any "syscheck". Using the loadiine.ovh url I can run homebrew and I see 8 app : ddd, FTPiiU, Hombrew Launcher, Loadiine GX2, nnu-patcher, Saviine, TCP gecko and WUP Installer. So I downloaded SyCheck 1.6.2 at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SysCheck and also HomeBrew Browser at http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser.
HomeBrew Browser doesn't appear on my app list. :(
SyCheck on launch, black screen nothing more. ( I tried several time, plugged out the power plug) re :(
I tried to find older version but I couldn't.

EclipseSin, I bought a new WiiU 5.3.2u. Your suggestion is not stupid. :D I did put the WiiU very close to the router.

I did try another time the update, same error : 108-0135. I can't find a what it means.

Yeah all this stink !

Please use SysCheck HDE(HackDen Edition) ver 2.4.x or greater in vWii mode
http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,
Reactions: Deleted User

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Are you launching SysCheck in vWii mode? It is a Wii program, not a Wii U program. :)

Ah ah ! Sure this is important notice.

I read about vWii mode but there are several tutos (some from 2013) and different methods.
I would like to avoid doing more damage to the WiiU for now of course. Can someone suggest a "safe" and updated tutos to start vWii mode on my 5.3.2u ?

Thanks

D

Deleted User

Ah ah ! Sure this is important notice.

I read about vWii mode but there are several tutos (some from 2013) and different methods.
I would like to avoid doing more damage to the WiiU for now of course. Can someone suggest a "safe" and updated tutos to start vWii mode on my 5.3.2u ?

Thanks
There should be a button on your Wii U Menu that has the "Wii" logo on it. If you press on that, connect a Wii Remote and select either the "TV Only" or the "TV and GamePad" buttons using your Wii Remote, you will enter the vWii mode.

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
There should be a button on your Wii U Menu that has the "Wii" logo on it. If you press on that, connect a Wii Remote and select either the "TV Only" or the "TV and GamePad" buttons using your Wii Remote, you will enter the vWii mode.

Ah le noob ! (and I have the feeling it's going to be worst) :)
Never paid attention to that.
Ok got Wii mode but there is almost nothing there: Disc Channel, Mii Channel, Wii Shop Channel, Wii Manual Menu, WiiU Menu, Transfer System.

SD Card menu is empty.
Wii Option => Channel => Wii or SD Card also empty.

Sorry someone need to guide me there... :(

PS: I have hard disk with Wii games (ISO), I can run them from here

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for SaG, go to your Wii U settings and make sure that your internet settings are all set to auto obtain. If you clicked on the Wii icon and it loads, it's not a bricked vwii.

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Just for SaG, go to your Wii U settings and make sure that your internet settings are all set to auto obtain. If you clicked on the Wii icon and it loads, it's not a bricked vwii.

All my setting about Internet connection are auto I only select the SSID and enter the password.

D

Deleted User

Ah le noob ! (and I have the feeling it's going to be worst) :)
Never paid attention to that.
Ok got Wii mode but there is almost nothing there: Disc Channel, Mii Channel, Wii Shop Channel, Wii Manual Menu, WiiU Menu, Transfer System.

SD Card menu is empty.
Wii Option => Channel => Wii or SD Card also empty.

Sorry someone need to guide me there... :(

PS: I have hard disk with Wii games (ISO), I can run them from here
In order to run SysCheck on vWii mode, you will need to install the Homebrew Channel.
To do this, unfortunately, you will need a copy of one of the games listed here. (A legitimate copy, not a dump)

ber nie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for the info !
I'll try to get one of those from a trade shop.

Edit: at Part 3: Setting up your Wii, it says; Compatible with...
Most of them are compatible with 4.3 or earlier but Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
I have 5.3.2, it's ok anyway to pick any of those game or should I use only Super Smash Bros. Brawl ?

Also I see LetterBomb (no game required) but the same it says 4.3 compatible. Nothing was done in that direction for 5.3.2 ?

Last edited by ber nie,

ScienceBETCH

GBATemp's probably not Official Tom-Zero™ Main
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks for the info !
I'll try to get one of those from a trade shop.

Edit: at Part 3: Setting up your Wii, it says; Compatible with...
Most of them are compatible with 4.3 or earlier but Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
I have 5.3.2, it's ok anyway to pick any of those game or should I use only Super Smash Bros. Brawl ?

Also I see LetterBomb (no game required) but the same it says 4.3 compatible. Nothing was done in that direction for 5.3.2 ?
ah my poor noob friend... 5.3.2 is your wii u os version
vwii is another operating system so it has a different version
go to settings in vwii and you shall find it
if its up to date it probably is 4.3

no offense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.