Can't update Acekard internal firmware for 3DS

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by BlueMaxima, Aug 23, 2012.

1. BlueMaxima
    OP

Newcomer BlueMaxima Member

Australia
    So I'm trying to update my Acekard 2i to the latest internal firmware update to make it work on my new 3DS XL (they come with 4.1 so an update to 4.2 would work for a while) and when I try to run the .nds file (and it is the right one, checked by name) it comes up with the blue screen with all the instructions, then it says "Update cancelled, please reboot DS." instantly, even though I haven't pressed any buttons, so I can't perform the update. This happens on both my DSi and my DSi XL (my Acekard isn't a high enough firmware to run on 3DS 4.1).

What do I do?

EDIT: HW81, AKAIO 1.9.0

SECOND EDIT: Hey, I fixed it! Downgraded AKAIO to 1.8.9z (full delete of the folder and NDS file, then replaced with the older ones) and it worked somehow.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    assuming your ak2i boots and you can get into the kernel, try running the update after changing the homebrew soft-reset hook within akaio. if that fails then try running the update from the last official build of the acekard firmare. if that fails, format your msd card and try both again. if that fails, verify that your ak2i is real and not suffering from a contact issue.

-another world

3. BlueMaxima
    OP

Newcomer BlueMaxima Member

Australia
    I did fix it, and I know it's a real card. Thanks for the (would-be-useful) advice anyway, I'll be sure to check the soft-reset hook next time.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    sounds like you replaced a corrupted install with a working one. glad you got it sorted.

-another world