Hacking Can't transfer Wii to Wii U with hacked Wii...

CrayonMaker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any help?

I have a hacked (hardmodded long ago) Wii that is firmware 4.3U. I'm trying to transfer my purchased VC games over to the Wii U but obviously running into some problems. I have no idea how to get it to work. What programs do I need to accomplish this?

JacobKibben

Yoshi scared...
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably because Nintendo put a "Whitelist" or something like that into the Wii U's Firmware so that it won't transfer from a Wii that's been hardmodded. You could try taking the mod chip out if it's possible and trying again and if that fails put it back in...

jyapayne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing happened to me. I had some wads installed that I had also bought from the online shop. The wads were simply modifications of the original files, and apparently nintendo detects that. So, for example, I had the v1.0 of ocarina of time injected into the real ocarina of time that I had bought. I uninstalled that channel, and the transfer worked without any problems, even though my Wii was hacked.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to install IOS62 which is required to transfer contents from the Wii to the Wii U, also you need the transfer tool you can get from Wii Shop Channel, download IOS62 and install it like a normal wad file, after that it should work :)

The transfer tool transfers your wii shop account and save data, it doesn't transfer pre-installed channels or games, so no worries if your Wii is hacked or not, it works anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt