Hacking Can't transfer more than 4 games onto my usb with Wii Backup Manager

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So i've been having this problem for a while, i got a 32 gb usb that i use to store all of my wbfs files, but for some reason i can't transfer more than like 5 games, it either gets stuck at a random percent, or it just stops and shows this on the log thats on like the pic below, i tried to see if the issue was the usb but after trying to transfer Metroid Prime Trilogy, on another 16gb usb itd just get stuck.

its not the wbfs file since i can transfer that same game to the 32gb usb just fine if i have less than 4 games on it, i already tried choosing different split sizes but that didn't solved the issue, i tried formatting both usb to ntfs and that worked but, my wii just crashes everytime it tries to read an ntfs usb on the homebrew channel. itd be great if yall could help me with this

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
oml.png

heres the error that shows up in the logs when it sometimes stops transferring by itself.

Last edited by karte34123,

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's your current file format for your Wii games?

If they are currently in WBFS format and under 4gb in size, why not just manually copy the file to your USB stick instead of going through the Wii Backup Manager and see if you have any issues?

If they are in ISO format, just convert/transfer the file locally to your hard drive first, making sure you set the split file size in the settings option. Once the ISO has been converted, then manually copy to your USB stick.

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
My guess is that it's the flash drive.

I already tried another usb, same issue

What's your current file format for your Wii games?

If they are currently in WBFS format and under 4gb in size, why not just manually copy the file to your USB stick instead of going through the Wii Backup Manager and see if you have any issues?

If they are in ISO format, just convert/transfer the file locally to your hard drive first, making sure you set the split file size in the settings option. Once the ISO has been converted, then manually copy to your USB stick.

all of em are isos, except for mario galaxy and metroid prime trilogy, metroid prime is 7.35gb, i was thinking it was an issue with wii backup manager not splitting the game properly, but i transferred to the 32gb usb and it split it just fine.

I tried copying smaller games directly into the usb and it works, but for larger games it just also gets stuck at a random percent too

Last edited by karte34123,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the flash drive formatted as fat32? My guess is that it stops once it reaches 4GB and is not splitting them correctly. Try to create a full wbfs file of Metroid Prime from the iso into your pc, then put it in Wii backup manager to do the split automatically. It should be split into 2 files, if it's more than that it might cause issues.

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: Dud and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the flash drive formatted as fat32? My guess is that it stops once it reaches 4GB and is not splitting them correctly. Try to create a full wbfs file of Metroid Prime from the iso into your pc, then put it in Wii backup manager to do the split automatically. It should be split into 2 files, if it's more than that it might cause issues.

that could be the reason. @op, it's been ages since I've used the app, but I think there's a splitting option in settings. not sure if it's on by default. metroid prime trilogy is a dvd-9 game, I do know that.

Reactions: CoolMe

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

yeah i just realized it stops at 4gb, but i dont have any isos for metroid prime, is there any way to split that wbfs file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like it's set to split at 4GBs (possibly by default). I still have the app (put it on my new laptop when I installed everything):

upload_2021-9-11_10-53-12.png

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could be the reason. @op, it's been ages since I've used the app, but I think there's a splitting option in settings. not sure if it's on by default. metroid prime trilogy is a dvd-9 game, I do know that.
Well he did say that smaller games transfer fine, and only larger games (Metroid Prime Trilogy) is giving him issues.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i just realized it stops at 4gb, but i dont have any isos for metroid prime, is there any way to split that wbfs file?

check in settings. I think the image above is the option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

metroid prime trilogy is a dvd-9 game, so that's probably the problem. it's not splitting for some reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nm, maybe it's not:

upload_2021-9-11_10-56-24.png

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the settings, i thought it does it automatically.. Probably not. I remember transferring that game & Other M and Smash Bros..

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Check the settings, i thought it does it automatically.. Probably not. I remember transferring that game & Other M and Smash Bros..

i got no clue why it aint splitting it seems to split fine sometimes but other times it doesnt

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got no clue why it aint splitting it seems to split fine sometimes but other times it doesnt
Try splitting the file and the directory is an sd card or any fat32 formated drive, it doesn't make sense unless something is up with the flash drive.. or WiiBackupmanager?

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i cant really find an ntsc iso for metroid prime anywhere, all i can find are wbfs so i dont have a way to test it

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant really find an ntsc iso for metroid prime anywhere, all i can find are wbfs so i dont have a way to test it
No! split the wbfs file, if it's is okay and not corrupted (you should verify the file, & crc check it in WiiBackupmanager if you haven't done it already), it

Last edited by CoolMe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat