Can't Transfer Certain Pokemon To Pokemon Bank?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mrtimotei, Feb 20, 2014.

1. mrtimotei
    OP

mrtimotei The Legends' Proxy

Nov 7, 2010
    United States
    So, I just got Pokemon bank, and I wanted to trade over some of the event Pokemon, like Arceus and Darkrai, to the bank. (Keep in mind, these are from Pokemon DPPt.) However, the transporter told me that "some Pokemon could not be sent", and it removed them from the transfer.

Now, these legends aren't hacked, but rather, I used an Action Replay to get the items for the events (ex: the Azure Flute for Arceus) so the Pokemon itself should be legitimate. However, it still didn't transfer them.

Anyone have an idea as to why it won't transfer?

2. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    Stupid Nintendo doesn't allow the transfer of legit Darkrai and Shaymin. The Arceus event (Azure Flute) on the other hand was never legitimatively released for DPPt. Get PKM files of these pokemons that were released during some movie events. You can get some pkms on pokedit.com and then inject/transfer them to your original game, and then transfer them to X and Y.
    Hope I helped, cheers.

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    The Arceus event was never released, but I don't know why you can't transfer the Darkrai.

4. mrtimotei
    OP

mrtimotei The Legends' Proxy

Nov 7, 2010
    United States

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info!

5. iSubaru

iSubaru Kitsune

Apr 14, 2009
    Poland
    Gensokyo
    That's odd, Bulbapedia says Darkrai can be transferred with Poke Transfer...
    As for other "can't be transfered" Pokemons I would take a blind guess they will be avaiable as events some time in future...but it's a guess only...

6. Oswarlan

Oswarlan GBAtemp Regular

May 28, 2013
    United States
    Every single pokemon "can" be transfered, but some have weird legality tricks that otherwise don't exist.

7. Black-Ice

Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

Oct 31, 2011
    London
    Using action replay on Diamond I got the items to catch Arceus, Darkrai and Shaymin.
    Despite getting all the same way, Only Arceus and Darkrai made it through to my X
    Shaymin was blocked, not that I care

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  8. Cuber

Cuber GBAtemp Regular

Jan 29, 2009
    England
    I don't think they released the item for Darkrai or Shaymin on Diamond and Pearl, only Platinum... so if you caught them on Diamond or Pearl, that's probably why.

I wish they'd released the flute though... I don't get why they didn't.

9. Sascha

Sascha Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Yup, they only released the events for Platinum but not for DP. The reason probably is, that they changed the location caught from their acutal residence like "Hall of Origin" in DP to "fateful encounter" in Platinum. And only Pokemon having a fateful encounter triggered corresponding events like getting the Gracidea or the Arceus event in HGSS.

Of course this wouldn't make a difference in XY, because the location caught is overwritten there. But as every legitimate Darkrai/Shaymin/Arceus had a "fateful encounter", the Bank can easily detect cheated ones this way.

For the flute, I have no idea though. I also wish they'd have released it.