Hacking Can't start that Luigi Mansion 1 remake...

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hey, I am using Japanese New 3DS with CFW and I installed the USA version of the recent Luigi Mansion remake cia.

But when I start the game it gives me just black screens after I see the usual 3DS logo and sound, and nothing happens.
Not even an error screen.

I have tried the ways like using Luma Locale Switcher to change the legion and language to Japan or USA but it doesn't work.

Anyone got a solution for this?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am using Japanese New 3DS with CFW and I installed the USA version of the recent Luigi Mansion remake cia.

But when I start the game it gives me just black screens after I see the usual 3DS logo and sound, and nothing happens.
Not even an error screen.

I have tried the ways like using Luma Locale Switcher to change the legion and language to Japan or USA but it doesn't work.

Anyone got a solution for this?
Don't use the locale switcher, it doesn't put the file in the right directory anymore. Do it manually and put it in luma/titles/TitleID/ Try "USA EN" when creating your .txt file.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Don't use the locale switcher, it doesn't put the file in the right directory anymore. Do it manually and put it in luma/titles/TitleID/ Try "USA EN" when creating your .txt file.

Hmm, I just checked that my locale switcher actually did the exact thing. My luma/titles/luigimansionID already had that locale.txt... Don't know what to do now.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Try it with the extension "USA EN EN 01"

...Well, I found out myself what do the third and fourth part mean. And I tried your method (both USA EN EN 01 and JPN JP JP 01) and still it gives me black screens...

Jeez I really don't know what's wrong with this...

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well, I found out myself what do the third and fourth part mean. And I tried your method (both USA EN EN 01 and JPN JP JP 01) and still it gives me black screens...

Jeez I really don't know what's wrong with this...
Yeah I've really no idea. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You might be missing the seed. If you’re using FBI, look for it in Titles and select "Import Seed".

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did it and... it doesn't work... Man this is really getting frustrating
It could also be a corrupted install or download. How did you install the CIA over wi-fi or from your SD card? Honestly I would just find another download of the CIA somewhere and try that one. Luma makes your console region free so it can play ANY game. The locale switcher is used to match the region of the game you're playing so if it's a EUR game the .txt should be "EUR EN" for English, "EUR FR" for French etc....

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
It could also be a corrupted install or download. How did you install the CIA over wi-fi or from your SD card? Honestly I would just find another download of the CIA somewhere and try that one. Luma makes your console region free so it can play ANY game. The locale switcher is used to match the region of the game you're playing so if it's a EUR game the .txt should be "EUR EN" for English, "EUR FR" for French etc....

Hmm, I got .3DS files for USA and EUR version, and made .cia files from them with gm9 myself and installed it in my SD card. Maybe I should try to find some other files? At this point I am very skeptical but maybe...

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm, I got .3DS files for USA and EUR version, and made .cia files from them with gm9 myself and installed it in my SD card. Maybe I should try to find some other files? At this point I am very skeptical but maybe...
Just try finding a CIA for it directly, better luck of it being intact and faster to verify. Converting sometimes can get you corrupted files and you never know if the original .3DS you are using is even correct. Just check the .3DS file with Citra real quick to see if it's even good, because chances are you just got a bad dump, it happens quite often from not-so-reliable sources...

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious so I went and grabbed one from THAT site and it works just fine on both my JPN DS and my USA DS with Luma. More than likely a bad conversation as stated. Just find a fresh .CIA not a .3DS unless you're trying to use Citra.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Just try finding a CIA for it directly, better luck of it being intact and faster to verify. Converting sometimes can get you corrupted files and you never know if the original .3DS you are using is even correct. Just check the .3DS file with Citra real quick to see if it's even good, because chances are you just got a bad dump, it happens quite often from not-so-reliable sources...
I was curious so I went and grabbed one from THAT site and it works just fine on both my JPN DS and my USA DS with Luma. More than likely a bad conversation as stated. Just find a fresh .CIA not a .3DS unless you're trying to use Citra.

Thanks guys, I just grabbed a new USA .cia and I was able to launch the game!

Now I just wish there's a way to play it in Japanese. I don't think the Japanese cia is out there, and it seems that language changing in locale.txt isn't supported, it is just in English...

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks guys, I just grabbed a new USA .cia and I was able to launch the game!

Now I just wish there's a way to play it in Japanese. I don't think the Japanese cia is out there, and it seems that language changing in locale.txt isn't supported, it is just in English...
Language changing is available only in European (/Australian) games, with US and Japan having fixed languages, so locale switching won't do you any good there. Games that are region-free though can offer language changing without even needing the locale switching though (eg: Pokemon). Best bet to play in Japanese is find a dump of it on a Japanese forum or a general repository.

sanitycindy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Language changing is available only in European (/Australian) games, with US and Japan having fixed languages, so locale switching won't do you any good there. Games that are region-free though can offer language changing without even needing the locale switching though (eg: Pokemon). Best bet to play in Japanese is find a dump of it on a Japanese forum or a general repository.

Is it so... What a shame. I had some hope because in my 3DS menu, the 'Luigi Mansion' title logo is the Japanese version (with katakana).

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Is it so... What a shame. I had some hope because in my 3DS menu, the 'Luigi Mansion' title logo is the Japanese version (with katakana).
If the logo is different, it may support multi-language. Just remove the pointless locale files forcing it to change and see if it defaults to Japanese. Most recent releases are multi-language, so LM1 may be one too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning