Hacking Can't start homebrew channel through preloader anymore

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use preloader .30 to be able to start gamecube games without using the wiimote/sensor bar (homebrew channel --> gc backup loader)

I recently updated the homebrew channel, and this no longer works, preloader complains that the homebrew channel is not installed.

My guess is that the HBC's title has been changed for whatever reason, and this is why it no longer works.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this? Hopefully an updated preloader, but otherwise a link to a place to download an older version of the HBC that would work with preloader .30 would be helpful

another option would be to "install" something to preloader, but starting "installed" files seems to be broken in this version...

If anyone has a way of accomplishing the same thing using something other than preloader, that would be great as well

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't really been using my wii as anything other than a gamecube for a while now.

It's still on 3.2 lol

thanks for the name, I look into it.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@lulwut

bwmat said:
Does anyone know of a workaround for this?

He asked for a solution - he doesnt need telling what he 'should' have done
lecture.gif

@bwmat (+all)

I have just updated to HBC 1.0.8 myself this morning - and Priiloader 0.4 v3 wont autoboot due to the title ID change.
I would like to know also if theres a workaround at the moment - reluctant to use wads without it.

I would even use two HBC's if there was a way to re-install 1.0.6 alongside the latest one#
biggrin.gif

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to update to the latest version available of Priiloader so it can read the new title of HBC 1.07/ 1.08.

Unforunately version 0.5 was available but was removed due to a bug.

Make sure you enable beta updates in priiloader settings and try and download the latest version from Priiloader itself.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@luminalace (post #5)

Thx for the helpful suggestion - I read about the installer bug in v0.5 just before I was gonna use it, sooo glad I didn't
tongue.gif

@bwmat

I have used hackmii_installer 0.6 to re-install HBC 1.0.6 alongside the new version for 'interim' bannerbrick protection.
Maybe you could use the original installer for yours to do the same?

bwmat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I ended up installing priiloader .4 and using the "run title" feature to run the HBC.

installing files still seems to be broken, but this way is good enough.

thanks for all the suggestions, everyone

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can upload latest priiloader installer version before removal.
But You must promise me that installation will be made without ahbprot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans