Can't seem to find the correct Firmware for my new R4.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by LoganVirusX, Aug 8, 2018.

1. LoganVirusX
    OP

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    I got an R4 off of ebay today since my old one just broke on me out of nowhere. It was super cheap and it might possibly be a clone.
    When I try and put the Firmware files on to the card and boot up the card it will go to a white screen that shows a red SD card with a Question mark in the middle saying MENU.

The card might be a fake since it was stupidly cheap and has no labels on the cart itself. I did have an older cart from way back when so I know that firmware files are really specific and hard to find.
    I have been looking on http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/ to try and find the correct firmware but I have no idea where to start.

here is the listing of what I actually bought if that helps any. https://i.imgur.com/shPShiW.png

Just wish I can get this thing up and running.

Attached Files:

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    From the box design it's almost without a doubt an r4isdhc.com (and the screenshot points to a modified TTDS clone, which that brand is)

Enjoy it while it lasts... yes, for that price it's acceptable, but their build quality isn't very good

("Might be a fake" doesn't mean much on anything with R4 in its name - the only original R4s were made in 2007 and early 2008, anything newer is an accurate clone, an "upgraded" imitation, a clone of an upgrade, a clone of a clone of a clone, or a clone of a clone of a completely unrelated TTDS)

3. LoganVirusX
    OP

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    tried so many and still no luck. I tried to message the seller to see what fw I should use.

4. RandomMan25XX

RandomMan25XX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    use YsMenu if you haven't already

Last edited by RandomMan25XX, Aug 29, 2018
  5. Wiiking

Wiiking Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    New Zealand