dry.gif

However I can see in my portal settings that it is meant to be visible
unsure.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not kidding when I say it will appear when it wants to. It can take 10 minutes, a few hours, a day, etc. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to its appearance after you enable it. Once it finally shows up, it doesn't go away until you disable it (which also takes its dear sweet time).

The shoutbox is kind of a buggy, pain in the ass to get to appear and disappear properly.

Just to be clear, when it does appear, it will appear under everything else on the right hand side of the Portal page.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I'm not kidding when I say it will appear when it wants to. It can take 10 minutes, a few hours, a day, etc. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to its appearance after you enable it. Once it finally shows up, it doesn't go away until you disable it (which also takes its dear sweet time).

The shoutbox is kind of a buggy, pain in the ass to get to appear and disappear properly.

Just to be clear, when it does appear, it will appear under everything else on the right hand side of the Portal page.
So pretty much I have to leave the front page open for a while. Weird.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
KirbyBoy said:
Nathan Drake said:

Nah. It will just be there at some point when you visit the portal page. Sitting there will do nothing, as the Portal page doesn't do anything dynamically. You have to refresh to see the changes.

For anybody who suggests it: clearing cache and cookies seems fairly useless. I tried it before, and nothing happened. Hard refreshes do nothing. It is just random.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
KirbyBoy said:
Nathan Drake said:

Nah. It will just be there at some point when you visit the portal page. Sitting there will do nothing, as the Portal page doesn't do anything dynamically. You have to refresh to see the changes.

For anybody who suggests it: clearing cache and cookies seems fairly useless. I tried it before, and nothing happened. Hard refreshes do nothing. It is just random.
I agree with that. The soutbox just appeared randomly a few days after I enabled it on portal options. Just be patient and wait.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would've linked you to the shoutbox directly, but Vulpes has already ninja'd me.
mad.gif

But if you use that URL, as long as you are actually allowed to use the shoutbox (which you are) then it will work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended