Hacking cant see sd card after 4.1 update cant install Hb channel

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Virgin wii updated to 4.1 and now i cant install the HB channel at all no matter which tut i follow or files i use it just wont see anything on the sd card Any help please
regards Baz

crissm25

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bazross1969 said:
Virgin wii updated to 4.1 and now i cant install the HB channel at all no matter which tut i follow or files i use it just wont see anything on the sd card Any help please
regards Baz
u cant install HB channel until they crack v4.1 Lol why did u updated?

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats it I am using bannerbomb but it cannot see anything on the card is the above post correct has 4.1 not been cracked yet ?????????

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
crissm25 said:
bazross1969 said:
regards Baz
u cant install HB channel until they crack v4.1 Lol why did u updated?
don't give the guy information unless you know if its true.i softmodded a virgin wii with 4.1u with bannerbomb np.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't this this second thread on this already!?

Are your trying to use a SDHC card by any chance to install bannerbomb !? SDHC don't tend to work well with that! .... So use a normal SD for better compatibility (or even a micro sd in an SD adapter and make sure you have formatted it to FAT and not FAT32

and you know that you have to goto CHANNELS SD and not STORAGE don't you!?

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys ive now give it a go with 4 different cards and every HB file thats out there it just will not see the card at all just wondering if they have killed the bannerbomb coz everybody is telling me it works but i tell you it wont after the update yesyerday
wacko.gif
if anybody could solve this I would be very grateful
Regards Baz
unsure.gif

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Need a bit more info to help you. What size of SD cards have you tried? Have you tried all the bannerbomb versions? The main BB is aad1f_v108.zip but there are many other versions you can try. I've used BB on version 3.4-4.1 wii's and it always works.

Bannerbomb: http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi ive used 1GB 2GB and 256MB and all the bannerbomb files from there website ive formatted them to fat and fat32 ive used windows to format and also the sd formating program still no joy what so ever its drivin me nuts

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
bannerbomb should be in the folder structure like this, make sure its a SD card and not a SDHC card

sd:/private/wii/title/aktn

inside the "aktn" folder should be the "content.bin" file and on the root of the sd card it should look like this with bannerbomb and "hackmii installer.elf" which should be renamed "boot.elf" so bannerbomb can see it

sd:/private/wii/title/aktn
sd:/boot.elf

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep thats what iv got and its an sd card too all i get on screen is 15 empty blocks and at the bottom it says 946 blocks open
Baz

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure your going into Channels and not save

Wii Options --> Data Management --> Channels --> SD Card

and not

Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> SD Card

EDIT

ive just DL the

aad1f_v108.zip

from

http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/

and it works perfectly so it must be a user error

bazross1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PEPXL you are my newest best friend ive been so deep in the forest i couldnt see the trees I feel such an ass i went over the instrutions sooooooo many times and didnt pickup on what i was doing wrong what a compleat dumb ass I feel many many thanks guys for all the help
Kind regards Baz (the class Idiot)
wacko.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
were you doin the

Wii Options --> Data Management --> Save Data --> SD Card

its a common mistake if your just starting out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board. +1