Hacking Can't see letterbomb .. Using ModMii .. Has Been letter bombed before

tek1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, generally I can normally find the answers I'm looking for without having to post anything but this time my back is against the wall.

I have a first gen Wii (pre-ordered for the initial release date). I softmodded my wii late last year (for the first time ever) with ModMii (thank you XFLAK for a fantastic piece of software) and at the time it worked like a charm. Something went astray and BootMii no longer worked and I decided to re-format my Wii and re-mod it today. So I ran ModMii (as perusual) and did the steps I normally do (MAC address, etc etc) only this time the letterbomb woulden't show up., I tried re-formatting the SDHC card and start from scratch again to no avail. I looked on google for info and found a post on here about it but it didn't seem like the bloke solved his problem. I checked and re-checked the MAC address, date & time and everything is find but no letterbomb comes up from the day before, I went as far to try 2-3 weeks back but still nada. Could someone throw me a life saver and help?

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that the reason bootmii stopped working was not because you deleted or renamed the bootmii files on your sd card? Are you using a sd card larger than 2gb? Also was bootmii installed as an IOS or boot2? If you have a first gen wii it should be boot2 and just about indestructible.

If you are unable to get letterbomb to work try loading bootmii again. It should have survived the format. Make sure you have a directory named "bootmii" with the "armboot.bin" and "ppcboot.elf" files on your sd card. Put the HackMii installer in the apps folder and try to launch it with bootmii. Reinstall HBC.

If that does not work you may need you use a game base exploit like smashstack.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Everything should've of changed to begin with ..
I re-formatted the SD card and re installed everything with Modmii & Tried HackMII I'm using a 32 GB SDHC card .. I gather I should be using a 2GB instead?

yes try a NON HC one (2 gb or lower)
is your wii on the right firmware btw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt