Can't see letterbomb .. Using ModMii .. Has Been letter bombed before

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tek1979, Jan 26, 2015.

1. tek1979
    OP

tek1979 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Hi there, generally I can normally find the answers I'm looking for without having to post anything but this time my back is against the wall.

I have a first gen Wii (pre-ordered for the initial release date). I softmodded my wii late last year (for the first time ever) with ModMii (thank you XFLAK for a fantastic piece of software) and at the time it worked like a charm. Something went astray and BootMii no longer worked and I decided to re-format my Wii and re-mod it today. So I ran ModMii (as perusual) and did the steps I normally do (MAC address, etc etc) only this time the letterbomb woulden't show up., I tried re-formatting the SDHC card and start from scratch again to no avail. I looked on google for info and found a post on here about it but it didn't seem like the bloke solved his problem. I checked and re-checked the MAC address, date & time and everything is find but no letterbomb comes up from the day before, I went as far to try 2-3 weeks back but still nada. Could someone throw me a life saver and help?

2. tek1979
    OP

tek1979 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Please somebody help?

3. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    Are you sure that the reason bootmii stopped working was not because you deleted or renamed the bootmii files on your sd card? Are you using a sd card larger than 2gb? Also was bootmii installed as an IOS or boot2? If you have a first gen wii it should be boot2 and just about indestructible.

If you are unable to get letterbomb to work try loading bootmii again. It should have survived the format. Make sure you have a directory named "bootmii" with the "armboot.bin" and "ppcboot.elf" files on your sd card. Put the HackMii installer in the apps folder and try to launch it with bootmii. Reinstall HBC.

If that does not work you may need you use a game base exploit like smashstack.

4. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Did you reinstall with Modmii to version 4.3? Letterbomb only works on a Wii with fw version 4.3.
    If you have used fw version 4.2, you can use Bannerbomb instead.

5. tek1979
    OP

tek1979 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Everything should've of changed to begin with ..
    I re-formatted the SD card and re installed everything with Modmii & Tried HackMII I'm using a 32 GB SDHC card .. I gather I should be using a 2GB instead?

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    yes try a NON HC one (2 gb or lower)
    is your wii on the right firmware btw?

7. tek1979
    OP

tek1979 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    yeah 4.3E
    im about to try the 2gb non hc

8. tek1979
    OP

tek1979 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    OK new problem, when I click the letterbomb it goes to a black screen and nothing happens ..

any ideas?

(btw I appreciate your help)