Can't run ROMs on Acekard RPG

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Derak, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008

Can't run ROMs on Acekard RPG by Derak at 8:12 PM (2,369 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Derak
    OP

Newcomer Derak Member

Czech Republic
    When I try to run ROMs from 8GB SanDisk microSDHC inserted in my new Acekard RPG it says:

Code:
    Unsupported MicroSD Card

This MicroSD card(Model:Sandisk SU08G)
    is not suitable for running official DS
    programs, please copy program from
    SD card to Acekard Internal Flash
    Memory and try again.
    I'm using firmware version 4.09 downloaded from official Acekard site. The same microSD works on my NDSTT without any problem, but Acekard doesn't accept it. I tried to use 2GB microSD from Kingston and it works on both.

Is there a way how to use my 8GB card with Acekard?

2. ROM Troll

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The AKRPG(and AK2) does a speed check of the first SD card an attempt is made to launch a ds program from. The AKRPG saves the speed result in the sdlist.ini file located in the __rpg directory. If the result does not meet a certain value(unknown by me) the AKRPG will not load the ds program and display the "error" message. Connect the AKRPG to your computer and view the sdlist.ini file. It will look similar to...

[SD Card Manufacturers]
    02 = Toshiba
    03 = Sandisk
    13 = Kingmax
    1c = Transcend

[SD Card Speed]
    1b00000 = 8192

Look for the label, [SD Card Speed] and the line underneath it. The value on the left represents the sd cards identity and the value on the right represents its speed result. It's not clear to me which of your cards(2GB or 8GB) you tried first so I would close the file and delete it from the AKRPG now. Next, safely remove the AKRPG from your computer and ensuring you have the 8GB card inside the AKRPG, insert it back into the ds. Try to load a ds program from your 8GB sd card, the AKRPG should briefly say its testing your sd card. If the AKRPG doesn't consider your card fast enough, you will get the same error message as before. Turn off the ds and remove the AKRPG from it. Connect the AKRPG to your computer and view the newly created sdlist.ini file. The contents will look similar to:

[SD Card Speed]
    1b00000 = 8192

Whatever the value on the left is, leave it. Now replace the value on the right with a lower number such as 3333 and save the file. Return the AKRPG to the ds and load a ds program. You've just tricked the AKRPG into thinking you're using a sd card that's fast enough. In general, the above procedure was originally made available by Acekard at their forums. However, Acekard also warns you may experience irratic and unstable behavior when using a sd card not deemed fast enough.

3. Derak
    OP

Newcomer Derak Member

Czech Republic
    Thanks!

I tried and it works OK.