Hacking Can't run original GC games from disc channel

eidrian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try it, the wii gets a black screen and nothing happens. BUT, if I use the GCBL theta ver it gives me a DVD read error, then a green screen then it boots. What gives?

Does that mean that if i have the GCBL installed with both patched mIOS, I can not longer use my Disc Channel to boot originals? How can I solve this?
Also is there a way to uninstall the custom mIOS used by GCBL?
Thanks a lot and sorry if this has been asked before.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
use the Waninkoko's installer, you can change it to install official MIOS or cMIOS, and that is really wierd, did you installed cMIOSv8..?? and wich one did you used WG's WKK's..??

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya the same thing happened to me and once i disabled the hack it worked. How come it does this? You think they'll fix this in an update soon?

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samething worked for me except gc backups dont work.Should i switch to normal install instead of custom?or should i use wiigators cmios.Or what should i do?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normal install reinstalls the official mIOS which doesn't support playing backups. The custom install should work fine as long as you have regionfree GCN option removed from starfall.

TheCruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had that problem like last week with my Wii too. Follow what WiiBlaster stated. It's because if you have Starfall on with region-free GC games (something with video patching) option enabled, then it will make your normal GC games not work properly (i.e. no video output but sound for me). Just run Starfall from HBC and disable that option... Now if you have Preloader and you forgot to disable all your previous settings from Starfall before, then you will need to do a clean install of your firmware. It seems the settings from Starfall are not overwritten by Preloader's options. If you are on 3.2 firmware, get AnyRegionChanger and reinstall 3.2 otherwise look for your corresponding firmware to reinstall.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the theta Xi backup loader can now load the second disc, when a game asks for the second disc, does it automatically detect it?

Because im playing resident evil right now, and i multi-isoed both disc 1 and disc 2 on one cd. So i was wonder if i would be able to play the second disc once it asked for it...

because in the instructions it says to press b at start if you want to switch disks, but when i do i get a black screen and just audio...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: