Hacking Can't run newly burnt games ..

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently upgraded to v4.0 using the ultimate guide, while also going to neo gamma and installing all of the new ios's needed and stuff (I think). Anyway, everything was working fine on my newly upgraded Wii until I realised new games that I burnt gave me DVD read Error 559, while my old games still worked fine. This started with a USA version of Madworld, but it should have worked anyway because I enabled skip update on preloader.

To be on the safe side, I downloaded Pikmin 1 PAL, and burnt that, but the same error, so I tried going back to 3.2. My old games once again worked, but these two newly burnt games did not. I was still using the same DVD's. I've tried all different kinds of custom ios's, rev 13, rev 10, rev 8, but I receive the same error every single time. Occasionally I get DVD read Error 349.

Can somebody please help me troubleshoot this problem? I'm dying to play these new games, and it's killing me how the homebrew scene just keeps updating and I am being left in the dust. This is what happens when you leave the homebrew scene for even a couple of months.
frown.gif

edit: if you need any more details, please feel free to ask. i'm willing to do anything to sort this out.

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using a different kind of DVD for these new burns and are you sure your burning them correctly.

El-Grosso

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
gilaben said:
Are you using a different kind of DVD for these new burns and are you sure your burning them correctly.

I'm burning them exactly the same way as originally I think. 4x (speed of DVD is 8x) on IMG burn, DVD RW.

- WAIT! I originally burnt on R's! I must have got them confused with my RW's. This could be the error, I will go find my R's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all