can't run classic nes gba roms

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by saki2mi, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008

can't run classic nes gba roms by saki2mi at 5:16 AM (6,014 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. saki2mi
    OP

Newcomer saki2mi Newbie

United States
    i know you can easily emulate classic nes games, but i'm really curious why i can't run these roms using gbaexploader. the roms themselves load fine, but the games don't respond to buttons. thanks in advance.

2. triple-sevenz

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    while i really dont kno anything about this, isnt gbaexploader used to run gba games, not nes games? you kno concerning that it is gbaexploader and all. i might be wrong. like i said, im really dont kno but using common sense it seems pretty clear that it shouldnt work in the first place.

3. Christen

Member Christen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  4. triple-sevenz

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ahh my mistake. like i said i dunno much about this stuff lol. if its just a port, why not go play the original game using a nes emulator for the ds?

5. saki2mi
    OP

Newcomer saki2mi Newbie

United States
    sorry for the confusion. as christen has posted, there are series of nes games that were released for gba.

i'm curious if it's my rom/cyclods/ez v. can someone try them out? thanks!

6. callmebob

Member callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Germany
    [​IMG] Wheels on the bike go round and round, round and round. Wheels on the bike go round and round, all through the day.

7. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The "NES for GBA" series' ROMs don't work at all with any emulator, from what I remember.
    Your best bet is to just download an NES emulator for the DS and NES ROMs.

Or you can try IPS patching, look here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=63195

8. saki2mi
    OP

Newcomer saki2mi Newbie

United States
    thanks for the reply. i guess i'll just resort to nes emulator.

9. billyjoebob97

Newcomer billyjoebob97 Newbie

United States
    You can't run the Classic NES series GBA roms because you are using an older outdated version of GBAexploader. The current version supports Classic NES series roms, the older versions do not.

Also worth noting, the beta feature of the CycloDS GBA loader does not currently support the Classic NES GBA roms. You need the current version of GBAexploader.

That being said, NESDS has realtime save and rewind so that is my preferred method of running NES games.

10. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Most of those games run better in nesDS or PocketNES anyway, but the Japanese SMB 2 (AKA The Lost Levels) won't run on either. You can get the full set of patches for the NES Classic and Famicom Mini series' here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1872

11. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can play SMB 2 (Lost Levels) via PocketNES or NES DS with an IPS patch if you wish. Grab a copy of "Super Mario Bros 2 (J) [P1]" (which may be incorrectly named "Mario and Luigi (SMB1 Hack) [a1]" in some sets) and apply the IPS patch file from http://gbafan.pocketheaven.com/nes.html

Not entirely authentic, but it's as close as you can get without having actual FDS emulation.