Can't run BrowserHax on a 10.3.0.28-U N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Deaga, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Deaga
    OP

Deaga Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    Brazil
    I'm having issues running BrowserHax on my N3DS. It's up to lastest (current) firmware, which, as far as I know, should still work. When I scan the QR code, my bottom screen goes full yellow, then full gray and then I get an "An Error has ocurred" message, requesting me to save my data and reboot my system. I have the Homebrew Starter Pack on my microSD card. :/

Not sure if related, but I installed ironhax when on an older firmware (back when TubeHax was a thing, that was my entry point) and that isn't working anymore either. But I just assumed I need an updated version of IronHax or something... BrowserHax not working is what worrires me.

Thanks for your help! :)

2. Xenosaiga

Xenosaiga That one guy that doesn't give a shit anymore

Oct 9, 2015
    United States
    The Shadows
    Open your SD card on your computer and see if you have a file on the root with browserhax in its name. Delete just that file.

Then try browserhax again.

3. Jon O'Brien

Jon O'Brien GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Is it the latest starter pack?

4. rikipy

rikipy Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2014
    Panama
    Luque
    change you home theme to blank, and launch the browser hax again

5. Deaga
    OP

Deaga Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    Brazil
    I deleted a wekhithax file from the root of my SDcard and changed my theme back to the default one and it worked! Thanks for the help guys. :)

Is this hax supposed to not work with custom themes? I wasn't aware of that.

6. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    It works with any kind of theme even with homemenuhax installed. You probably fix it by deleting the old payload.

7. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Another why to fix it is to deleted your cookies if the sd file deleting thing doesn't work

8. Deaga
    OP

Deaga Member

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2007
    Brazil
    I actually downloaded the payload today (just a few hours ago) from Smealum's website, so I thought that was supposed to be lastest one? I deleted the old stuff I had on my SD card beforehand too.

I also tried the whole delete cookies and Initialize save data from the browser. Oh well, I guess I can live with a default theme.

EDIT - In a show of oddities, after installing MenuHax via the sucessful BrowserHax, Browserhax freezes on the Yellow bottomscreen. :wtf: But MenuHax is working fine. What?

Last edited by Deaga, Jan 10, 2016