Hacking Can't remove wad installer/uninstaller

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure this is an easy fix...or is it?

I want to remove the wad installer 2.1 and wad uninstaller 1.1 channels and just use wad manager 1.3 via the HBC. My problem is when I use wad manager 1.3 to remove them, I get an error. I have both .wads in the wad folder and wad manager recognizes them.

I am thinking that I must have renamed each one before installing it.

So does anyone know a way I can delete these cleanly?

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, no. I didn't install the new update at all. In fact, I've been running wiigators backup loader .3 with the neccesary cIOS with no problems at all.

I was just mainly wanting to clean up the channels I have installed. Like I said, when I first put the installer/uninstaller channels on, I must have renamed them before putting them on my SD card...

In fact, I just installed the opera browser for using x-oom media player today, so I know I didn't do the update.

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I am just anal about how things are setup on the Wii and I'd like to minimize what's on there.

I now have Any Title Deleter up and running, so all I need now is the channel ID for the previous mentioned channels and I'm good to go.

So if anyone knows what those are, please tell! I've been searching up and down and can't find anything =/

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does anyone know the channel IDs then?

I'm at work, but I was hoping to have something to do when I get home!
grog.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
well what you do is up to you...but as dj said "its best to leave well enough alone"....

The ONLY CIOS you really need is wiigators CIOS_FIX to run the backup loader

(i enabled homebrew on my friend vlads wii 3.3u yesterday ONLY installed the most recent post of that fixed CIOSInstaller via the internet....then installed the backup loader and it works like a charm) point is that new CIOSfix is really the only one you need
wink.gif
to run the new version of the backup loader)

So one way to go about it if your not sure is uninstall CIOS5,CIOS249,CIos36, NOT IOS but CIOS's

Then just re-install JUST the wiigator CIOSinstaller...Then your all "cleaned up" so to speak! lol

But if you fuck up your wii because you misunderstand what you read....We cant do much to help that! I used anytitledeleter to do CIOS uninstalls

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol...without trying to sound like a jerk here.

I will repeat what exactly I need to do...because I have the .3 loader up and running perfectly, that's not my issue here! I never asked how to get the backup loader running or had any problems with it??

I want to delete the wad installer 2.1 and wad uninstaller 1.1 channel from my Wii and use only the wad manager 1.3 via the HBC. I just need to know the channel ID for each one so that I can delete them using anytitledeleter.

Is there possibly an app that I can open up the .wads to check the channel ID on my PC?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UrkeytaY said:
Lol...without trying to sound like a jerk here.

I will repeat what exactly I need to do...because I have the .3 loader up and running perfectly, that's not my issue here! I never asked how to get the backup loader running or had any problems with it??

I want to delete the wad installer 2.1 and wad uninstaller 1.1 channel from my Wii and use only the wad manager 1.3 via the HBC. I just need to know the channel ID for each one so that I can delete them using anytitledeleter.

Is there possibly an app that I can open up the .wads to check the channel ID on my PC?
use the homebrew browser silly
tongue.gif

just find the app on there and it sould have a check mark on it(since you already have it installed), there are 3 buttons on the bottom of each app, the middle one will delete the app... BAM

EDIT: nevermind was thinking of 2 different apps, my bad

CorruptedAngel

Trophies
XP
Country
mmmm well, if you look on the website you found and match the ids that you have on your wii to the ones on the website, then you should get 2 ids which dont have a match, those will be the channels you want to delete, right?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
do you know you created the channels? maybe you could ask him which title ids the channels have.

found it:
jayparadox said:
Use one of those new Title Uninstaller, and fine a one called "AWDU", "WADU" or something like that. One of those 2 is the Title ID's I used for that channel.

UrkeytaY

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, now we're getting somewhere!

I was able to delete the uninstaller chan. So now I just need to find the chan ID for the installer and I'm good...

Thanks for that link! this is now 1/2 awesome!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2