Hacking Can't remember what softmodding I've already done...

ZeeMox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I've done any softmodding. Started with NSMB since my Wiikey couldn't run it otherwise, then ended up installing USB Loader GX and did some stuff to make Monster Hunter Tri work. Since then my Wii has been in storage, and now it seems like some games (Other M, namely) require me to update some of my custom IOS's, but I don't remember wtf I've done or how to update it based on what custom IOS's I already have installed. Anyone have some tips?

ZeeMox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this safer that Pimp My Wii? I'm a little wary of the hack-o-matics since Pimp My Wii gets so much bad publicity.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii has never once bricked a Wii.

ModMii is very different than pimp my wii, ModMii runs on Windows to get all the files u need to softmod your Wii properly (and without requiring wifi on your Wii) and builds a custom guide for you to follow. Basically, u use modmii to put all the files on your sd card and build a guide, then u put the card in the wii and follow the guide. So I would call it an interactive wii modding guide rather than a hack-o-matic tool like pimp my wii.

I personally don't trust hack-o-matic tools like pimp my wii or sciifii that run directly on the Wii and the end user has no idea what it is doing. I especially don't trust tools like that if they will go online to grab files from nintendo (just look at the "apps that brick" thread, almost all of them used to work at one point in time until ninty put out an update and the apps started downloading/installing stubbed files which lead to brick)

So would I say ModMii is safer than pimp wii wii? Well, ModMii has never bricked anyone, and pimp my wii has... so I would say the facts speak for themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte