Cant Play Sonic classic on R4, Black Screen

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by ~Wiiloader~, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010
  1. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

Member ~Wiiloader~ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi to all [​IMG]

I have Nintendo DS lite and a Clone R4-III card [(R4 NEW) R4-III Upgrade Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) micro SD HC] that's what's written on the box,
    And i have latest R4 Kernel v3.13 (for clones at least) [​IMG]

OK so... this is my problem:

I downloaded "Sonic Classic Collection" and "SONIC and SEGA all stars racing" ROM's
    But when i put them on my R4 and try to start or example "SONIC and SEGA all stars racing" it loads the game but after that it's showing BLACK screen
    and when i load "Sonic Classic Collection" it shows me White screen. [​IMG]

So anyway, Can anyone help me whit this? i would REALLY like to play those games on my DS lite [​IMG]

BIG thanks in advance
    [​IMG]

2. Marth16

Newcomer Marth16 Advanced Member

Germany
    Use Ysmenu.

3. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Do you hawe the same expirience? [​IMG]
    I did tryed YSmenu with Picross 3D it works but with Sonic racing ds and Sonic classic ds doesnt work [​IMG]
    Is there some patch or better yet Patched ROM because i'm not sure if i would do that correctly..... [​IMG]

4. Langin

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    Yes, but be a bit more specific! Give him more details so he can find his way trough!

In steps:

1. Download this file: http://filetrip.net/f9452-YSMenu-Generator...ones-1-5-3.html
    2. Launch it and fellow the steps.
    3. if it asks for something of the three start icons(you know e.g. Game-Media-Gba) Then choose MEDIA OR GBA! NOT GAME OR NDS! Will never work okay.
    4. Well if it is ready put all the files it did generate on your sd card thats in R4 III.
    5. Launch those games and well they should work, if they don´t, then post here again!

Source http://gbatemp.net/t130359-a2h-s-ysmenu-generator

And if something does not run look at the source and read the topics first post! [​IMG]

Edit: @~Wiiloader~ Try to read the topic and update your firmware! [​IMG]

5. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    I'll elaborate - Use YSMenu built with the unofficial DSTT v1.17a12 firmware and add Pong's files.

6. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Thanks i will sure try this and tell you the results [​IMG] Thanks again. i like step by step things, they are much easier [​IMG]

7. Langin

Netherlands
    No problem! And I like to help people so its no sweat to explain things in steps! [​IMG]

8. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Oh man, this is GREAT YSmenu builder [​IMG] i wish that every tutorial is like this... simple and user friendly [​IMG] [​IMG] THANKS A LOT!!!!!!

9. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    I downloaded all needed files and those are (YSmenu and INFOLIB.DAT) AND WHEN I LOAD THEM IN YSmenu generator and click start in down-left corner it's saying Error: processing stopped at step "creating working directory"
    What NOW? [​IMG]

10. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Actually i figured out what's the problem, i needed to put YSmenu zipped file and INFO.DAT file in YSmenu generator folder [​IMG]

11. Langin

Netherlands
    So do those games work? [​IMG] I hope so for you, cos it are two good games! [​IMG]

And an advice, try to use the EDIT button that is seen on your post! Now you posted three times in a row.

Edit: The edit button is on your post, then somewhere on the right in the bottom!
    Nice use of colors between! [​IMG]

12. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    OK so, i made YSmenu for R4 with YSmenu generator. Here's how i did it: i opened YSmenu generator and what i did was:

1st option (cheats) - i selected "NO"
    2nd option (boot type) - i selected "Through File Browser"
    3rd option (YSmenu location) - i downloaded YSmenu, put it in YSmenu generator folder, clicked browse and selected this file that i downloaded called "YSMenu0903211700.zip"
    4th option (infolib.dat) - I downloaded this "INFOLIB.DAT" file and put it in YSmenu generator folder and clicked browse and selected file i downloaded called "INFOLIB.DAT"

Than i clicked START and it creates folder in YSmenu generator folder called "generate20100722171847". I opened that folder and in it where two things:
    1st is file called "YSmenu.nds"
    2nd is folder called "TTmenu"

After that i formatted my micro SD, put "R4-III v3.13 kernel (English) 2009-7-20" THIS ONE on root of micro SD and i also put those files (YSmenu.nds and TTfolder) on root of micro SD and i made folder called "ROM's" also on root of micro SD and put the "SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION" in "ROM's" folder.

After that i put my micro SD id DS lite turned power button ON and everything starts normally than i click left icon called "GAMES" and after that i selected file called "YSmenu.nds" it loads normally and it enters YSmenu.

So, in YSmenu i locate folder called "ROM's" and selected "SONIC CLASSIC COLLECTION.nds" file in it and after that it shows me screen "BOOTING....." for a sec. and on lower screen on bottom in showing me progress bar while loading the game and somewhere at 1/5 it STOPS and massage pops UP saying:

[Rom Loading failed] Load rom errcode=-4
    Please reset system.

Sooo, what's my next step? [​IMG]

13. Marth16

Newcomer Marth16 Advanced Member

Germany
    Have the newest Extinfo/Savlib/Infolib? If not Use this, at the end. Put Extinfo.dat, Savlib.dat, Infolib.dat in the TTmenu. It should work with these.

14. Langin

Netherlands
    tried other roms too?

15. ~Wiiloader~
    OP

United States
    Yeah, besides Sonic Classic collection i tried Sonic all stars racing, Picross 3D, Bowser inside story and they all works great [​IMG] i included the unofficial DSTT v1.17a12 firmware that "Depravo" gave me in YSmenu that i created for R4 and i found file called "r4patch.dat" that saved the situation because when i putted that file in TTmenu folder all those games became playable with no err=-4 or 5. [​IMG]

but i still cant play Wario Ware D.Y.S ROM [​IMG]