The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just modded my wii (black) with the modmii guide and everything went fine. After that I tried to play my backups from an external HDD with CFG.

I can play most of my backups fine, but I have problems with those 2 games. I actually dont want to use the disc games because I want to keep the drive intact.

Any help?

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's because they use Wii Motion Plus, so you have to do something different.

I think on your loader if you just turn Alt. Dol on then it should work.

I had the same problem a while ago, but don't exactly remember how to fix it.

Since it is a black Wii, I'm assuming it is 4.2 or 4.3, so it should work. If I am not mistaken, one firmware update added something for Wii Motion Plus, so I'm pretty sure they wouldn't work on anything lower than 4.0.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A bit more info would be nice.

First the obvious question: you DO have a wiimote+ thingy (or a wiimote with the motionplus inside), right? Those games won't work without it.

Second...wii sports resort has this sort of antipiracy thing. First, you have to play the game WITH the alternative dol on the disc. This just to watch the introduction movie or something. After that, it will create a savegame. Then quit the game, and reconfigure it to play it without that alternative dol. That should solve it.

I dunno about red steel 2. Chances are it has the exact same problem (and solution), but I don't know for sure (it has an alternative dol, though).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:

This is incorrect. Just make sure you are using the latest cIOS. I recommend 249dx56, which can downloaded with ModMii. No alt dol should be required.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, 4.0 broke something with Wii Motionplus, which 4.1 fixed (the "video has already been played" part, which is probably what is causing your trouble, was reset whenever you entered the SD menu). WM+ by itself works fine on EVERY sysmenu version.

But I really think that the reason they do not work is that you did not watch tht stupid WM+ video yet. Launch WSR via alt dol once and the situation should be fixed. Then disable the alt dol again.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
awssk8er said:

This is incorrect. Just make sure you are using the latest cIOS. I recommend 249dx56, which can downloaded with ModMii. No alt dol should be required.
My bad. It was a while ago, and that's how I thought I got it to work.

I remember everyone was having trouble with Wii Sports Resort when it was first released, and I remember someone saying you could do that. I think that was only for disc backups though.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Lacius said:

Going to try this. Btw I have a Wii Remote Plus (Wiimote+Wiimotion Plus).

EDIT: Tried and didnt work. I downloaded the files with ModMii and installed them as wads. Tried 249dx 56 and 57.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The alt .dol still applies.

There is a .dol for the instructial movies and one for the actual game.
Pick the one for the game if you have trouble.

The Composer

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Wever said:
wii sports resort has this sort of antipiracy thing. First, you have to play the game WITH the alternative dol on the disc. This just to watch the introduction movie or something. After that, it will create a savegame. Then quit the game, and reconfigure it to play it without that alternative dol. That should solve it.

I dunno about red steel 2. Chances are it has the exact same problem (and solution), but I don't know for sure (it has an alternative dol, though).

Tried this instead. It worked!

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think Lacius is referring to the "It's because they use Wii Motion Plus" part, as that is just coincidental. There are quite a few games without the motion+ that have alt dols, and not all motion+ games have issues.

The latest cIOS, however, is indeed not the issue. Having the latest cIOS'es is nice and all, but it isn't a silver bullet. You cannot just solve any issue by installing the latest cIOS.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
First, you have to play the game WITH the alternative dol on the disc. This just to watch the introduction movie or something. After that, it will create a savegame. Then quit the game, and reconfigure it to play it without that alternative dol. That should solve it.
Oops, that's right. My experiences with Wii Sports Resort started with a backup disc, so I never had to use the alt dol method the first time. My mistake.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If anyone cares: the instructional video actually writes a new setting in SYSCONF after you've finished watching it for the first time, not a savegame. It's done this way so that any WM+ game can check to see if the video has been played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1