OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I recently was able to use wii manager to download wad files into my wii which I then send to my SD card. However, every time I try to access my SD card to play the wii ware, it freezes...anyone know why? Thanks,
Kevin
(I want to post some pics but I don't know how to upload it on here =/)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you need to install the wads 1st using wad manager
tongue.gif

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I installed the wads and then transfered the wiiware games into my SD card. But everytime I try to access my SD card, it just freezes. I want to post up a pic of what's in my SD card but am not sure how to upload photos on this website -.-,

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the games play fine from the system menu? Are the games from your region? I can only think that maybe you need to use the region-free sd hacks from Preloader or Startpatch. It's weird that the sd menu just freezes, and you don't even get to see the banners.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It says, " Load boot.dol/elf" etc. and just freezes....
(When I click on the SD card "channel section")
Also, I am trying to upload a picture but it doesn't seem to be going through.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy in another post suggested deleting the Bannerbomb files off the sd card. I think he's right, and this might be your problem.

When you install a wad to the system menu, you just click the banner (channel) and press start to play. You should never see a message talking about .dols while launching WiiWare from the system menu.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's really confusing to me b/c I don't actually know what to delete. Like, when I check the files in my SD, it doesn't seem to show me where the wads I installed are. Are they like hidden? That's why I struggle deciding which files to delete -.-,
*I still have the wads in my Wad folder but I don't know where the ones I installed are placed*
HEre is link of what's on my SD
http://i27.tinypic.com/2e0odwy.jpg

Well, I dislike constantly editing but I must go to sleep now as I have a curfew
sleep.gif
but I appreciate all the help. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and thanks for the help!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
I recently was able to use wii manager to download wad files into my wii which I then send to my SD card.
I don't understand the method you described in your first post. If you want to play WiiWare, then just download the wad from a RELIABLE source, and use the latest Wadmanager to install it to your system menu. I think that's the method most people use because it works.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevenka said:
Well, it's really confusing to me b/c I don't actually know what to delete. Like, when I check the files in my SD, it doesn't seem to show me where the wads I installed are. Are they like hidden? That's why I struggle deciding which files to delete -.-,
*I still have the wads in my Wad folder but I don't know where the ones I installed are placed*

Well, I dislike constantly editing but I must go to sleep now as I have a curfew
sleep.gif
but I appreciate all the help. I'll check first thing tomorrow morning and thanks for the help!

SD:\private\wii\title\aktn

Delete the aktn folder. That is bannerbomb. That is causing your freezing.

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
kevenka said:

sleep.gif

SD:\private\wii\title\aktn

Delete the aktn folder. That is bannerbomb. That is causing your freezing.

Yes, this is your issue without a doubt. I had the same problem.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I'll try it out! Much appreciated fellow tempers!
cool.gif

Edit!! IT WORKS! Now the question is... why did that file even exist if it causes the bannerbomb to freeze?
unsure.gif

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dsfanatic5 said:
kevenka said:
I recently was able to use wii manager to download wad files into my wii which I then send to my SD card.
I don't understand the method you described in your first post. If you want to play WiiWare, then just download the wad from a RELIABLE source, and use the latest Wadmanager to install it to your system menu. I think that's the method most people use because it works.

I did download it from a reliable source and then use the wadmanager to install it on my system menu, but I didn't have enough internal wii memory space, so I clicked on it and it asked "Would you like to move it to SD" and I clicked yes, but as I try to access my SD card, it just froze. I haven't tried the suggestion but I hope that clarified some confusion

Questions!!!! I know this is a bit off topic(actually very off topic now that I got the wiiwares running) did any of you guys ever have trouble transfering the channels from the SD card back into the wii system channels? I was able to download and play the wiiwares but when I moved it to the SD, I couldn't move it back to the wii system channel. Does anyone know why? Thanks again!
Kevin

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ARGGGhhhh!! I just actually attempted to play the game now... and it says "failed to Launch"
cry.gif

My cousins did recently updated the wii, do you guys think that is the reason? If so... can anyone help me please? Thanks for all those who read and try to help,
Kevin

odja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sorry, but i the same opertion brick my Wii. How you install this IOS60? I stupid make something wrong and PLS tell me how properly do it.

kevenka

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I am not sure how to unbrick it but I used Cios60 (I think C is supposed to represent "custom"?)
I didn't see the wad folder from the Cios60 but after installation with the wadmanager everything just started to load and run smoothly
Sorry if this didn't help odja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1