Hacking Can't play new pokemon sun/moon or other SNES VC games

Fistfulofsteel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds firmware 9.0.0.20u running ninjahax version 1 and using Pasta CFW to install games.

Newer games don't seem to work. When launched, the n3ds pulsating menu appears and nothing else can be done without doing a hard reset. I've combed forums looking for similar issues but I just can't seem to find anything.

Not sure where to start. Is my firmware too old? Do I need some other upgrade to the software? I bought this from a friend a while ago and it came modded so while I'm pretty tech savvy, I know very little about the modding scene here.

Any help would be much appreciated!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds firmware 9.0.0.20u running ninjahax version 1 and using Pasta CFW to install games.

Newer games don't seem to work. When launched, the n3ds pulsating menu appears and nothing else can be done without doing a hard reset. I've combed forums looking for similar issues but I just can't seem to find anything.

Not sure where to start. Is my firmware too old? Do I need some other upgrade to the software? I bought this from a friend a while ago and it came modded so while I'm pretty tech savvy, I know very little about the modding scene here.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sun and Moon require 11.0+ and you should switch to Luma3DS.

Reactions: Fistfulofsteel

Fistfulofsteel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sun and Moon require 11.0+ and you should switch to Luma3DS.
I've read a lot about Luma but I don't know where to begin. Would Luma replace Pasta? How can I safely upgrade to 11.xx? I've seen guides on how to install Luma from a fresh 3ds but nothing seems to cover premodded ones..

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read a lot about Luma but I don't know where to begin. Would Luma replace Pasta? How can I safely upgrade to 11.xx? I've seen guides on how to install Luma from a fresh 3ds but nothing seems to cover premodded ones..
Luma would replace Pasta. Once you install arm9loaderhax via the guide that x65943 linked, you can safely update to 11.1 without issues. It's literally the best hack for your 3DS. Just follow the guide as if your system was a stock console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr