Hacking Can't play nedwill soundhax on 10.2

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I just got my hands on a 3ds with a 10.2.0-0E firmware and tried to use the soundhax hack to install homebrew channel.

I managed to do the whole hack on my cousin's 3ds (which was a 9.2.0-0 which is now a Sys11.4 which runs Cia games perfectly)
But for unknown reason I can't seem to read nedwill sound file on mine and always get a "couldn't play" message...
Hopefully someone can help me bc I'm lost now. I tried and retried for hours now.....
Thanks..

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Retry downloading the file, making sure the region, model and firmware range match with your console, and also make sure you download the correct otherapp payload and that you rename it otherapp.bin and put it in the root of the SD card.
If it still doesn't work, check your full FW version in the system settings and post it here

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thanks for your reply,
I download everything, and rename things accordingly but it still giving me the error "couldn't play"..

Here's how the SD look like :

(F) 3DS
(F) boot9strap
(F) Nintendo 3DS
boot.3dsx
boot.firm
otherapp.bin
safehaxpayload.bin
soundhax-eur-o3ds-post5.0.m4a

(Can't post pictures I don't know why?)

My FW version is 10.2.0-0E which is not in the otherapp thing list, so I tried with nearly all the other 10.2.0-XE since it worked on the other 3ds even though it wasn't the exact one.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Version *-0 means that it was only ever updated via gamecard (assuming it was never hacked and screwed with in the meanwhile), so you have a grossly outdated version of 3DS Sound (and of the browser, and of .....)
The -0E doesn't even have the browser, so Browserhax is out of the question too...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The -0E doesn't even have the browser, so Browserhax is out of the question too...

Yeah I read a lots of thing about that and I nearly gave up but the soundhax hack somehow worked on the other 3ds which was. 9.2.0-0E

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks for your reply,
I download everything, and rename things accordingly but it still giving me the error "couldn't play"..

Here's how the SD look like :

(F) 3DS
(F) boot9strap
(F) Nintendo 3DS
boot.3dsx
boot.firm
otherapp.bin
safehaxpayload.bin
soundhax-eur-o3ds-post5.0.m4a

(Can't post pictures I don't know why?)

My FW version is 10.2.0-0E which is not in the otherapp thing list, so I tried with nearly all the other 10.2.0-XE since it worked on the other 3ds even though it wasn't the exact one.
Well being on a -0 FW is a pretty shitty situation really, since you can't use BrowserHax either. Your best bet is to look at the table in this page and see if you have any game which DOESN'T require another hacked 3DS for hax.
If you don't have any, but you have a DS flashcart, you could try and see if it's compatible with ntrboot.
If you don't have that either, I guess the only way is to update to 11.8 and use Seedminer, which requires a $2/€2 DSiWare game (unless someone proposes some other methods which I forgot about)

Yeah I read a lots of thing about that and I nearly gave up but the soundhax hack somehow worked on the other 3ds which was. 9.2.0-0E
I don't except it to work, but what if you try using the 3.x-4.x SoundHax file?

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,
Reactions: SunCresc

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I have Super Smash Bros but it's the amiibo version, I don't really know if that's the right version.

I don't have a flashcart either..

11.8 is the last version right? So I will still be able to hack if I use Seedminer?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The table says the amiibo version won't work ):
11.8 is the latest version and it will work with Seedminer, but before that, try using the O3DS 3.x-4.x EUR file, just to be sure

Reactions: SunCresc

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The table says the amiibo version won't work ):
11.8 is the latest version and it will work with Seedminer, but before that, try using the O3DS 3.x-4.x EUR file, just to be sure

I just tried and still the same error...
I'm confused as to why it worked on the other one though..

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're 100% sure you can use a credit/debit card to charge money on the eShop, or get an eShop gift card (lowest are €5 iirc), then yes

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay so I've followed everything on this tutorial : https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/injection/

But now when I open "Sudoku" my 3ds screen looks like this :

"b9stool 5.0.0 : 15155Mb Free

> Exit
Install boo9strap

WARNING : DONT install boot9strap multiple times !!
WARNING : Only use b9stool with https:3ds.hack.guide
WARNING : For firmware 11.8.0-X ONLY
For firmware 11.8.0-X ONLY "

So I don't know if I should press install ...

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay so I've followed everything on this tutorial : https://jisagi.github.io/SeedminerGuide/injection/

But now when I open "Sudoku" my 3ds screen looks like this :

"b9stool 5.0.0 : 15155Mb Free

> Exit
Install boo9strap

WARNING : DONT install boot9strap multiple times !!
WARNING : Only use b9stool with https:3ds.hack.guide
WARNING : For firmware 11.8.0-X ONLY
For firmware 11.8.0-X ONLY "

So I don't know if I should press install ...
If you haven't installed it yet, yes install it

SunCresc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay I did and it install now my version is Sys 11.8.0-41E but I can't do the final setups and update cause it says the version is already updated :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s