Gaming Can't play legit copy of Mario Galaxy 2?

ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I insert it into my Wii. It goes straight to the game's disc channel screen when I load the disc channel as normal, with Mario saying "Super Mario Galaxy! Wahoo!" Anyways, when I press Start, nothing loads at all, so I'm left staring at a black screen. My Wii is indeed softmodded, and I have Preloader installed and set to skip updates. I'm also running 4.1U in case anyone is wondering. Is there something I did wrong in terms of patching an IOS or something? It's no big deal to me since I have the game on my hard drive and it plays flawlessly, but I want to run it from the disc just for the heck of it. Help would be appreciated!
biggrin.gif

ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
How can you know no updates are needed if you block them in preloader?
tongue.gif

You need to install the latest IOS56 afaik

My bad, edited my post for clarity. xD

Apparently some "updates" are needed to be installed, but I'll do just that and see if it works.
smile.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also have the same issue..I put i the burned copy into my Wii that has soft mod 4.0U and a d2pro mod chip, I go to the disc channel, says welcome to mario, and when I press start the screen goes black and nothing happens but the game works fine in the backup launcher..so I need to go to my homebrew channel and install that IOS56 file in order for it to work properly in the disc channel?? and how will I know if its the latest IOS56 file..I dont want to download a old one

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ACDCGAMER said:
Yay, it works! Yes, Laker, just install the latest patch of IOS56 with Dop-IOS and you're set!

Hey there..Ok your talking to someone with NO clue what you just said LOL..Ok so I go to the homebrew channel and I open up what..and I just install IOS56..what is Dop-IOS I have no clue what that is..burning games, Im an expert, downloading IOS files..BIG newbie LOL I dont want anything to happen to my Wii

ACDCGAMER

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dop-IOS is a homebrew app which lets you download and install pretty much any IOS you want, patched or unpatched. Just google it and download it, and you're set! Just make sure your GC memory cards are unplugged so it can install them.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well first I went into my Wad Manager 1.4 to see if I even had that IOS56 file and no its not in there..it skips from IOS55 and goes up to IOS60 so I need to get hold of that file..do I need to download that Dop-IOS program or can I just find that IOS file and put it in another way..also I went to google and I found theDop-IOS Version 10..is that it?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this the name of the Wad
IOS56-64-v5146.wad
I am downloading it now..I have a US Wii so I hope this is the right file for my Wii..now how do I install this on my WAD Manager..do I install this on my Wad manager like I would install WiiWiare?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Ok well first I went into my Wad Manager 1.4 to see if I even had that IOS56 file and no its not in there..it skips from IOS55 and goes up to IOS60 so I need to get hold of that file..do I need to download that Dop-IOS program or can I just find that IOS file and put it in another way..also I went to google and I found theDop-IOS Version 10..is that it?
1) Download NUS Downloader. Run it. Upper right hand corner click "Database". Hover over "IOS" --> Hover over "IOS 56" --> Click "Latest Version".
2) At the bottom check the boxes, "Pack --> WAD", "Save As" & "Local Files". At the top click "Start NUS Download".
3) Once its done it will pack the files as a WAD and ask you where to save it. Save it anywhere and copy it over to the "wads" folder on your SD card.
4) Launch the WAD Installer of your choice and install the IOS56 WAD in HBC. I suggest GUI WAD Manager 1.5. Copy the folder to your "apps" folder at the root of your SD card.
5) Done.

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much..I downloaded the IOS56-64-v5405.wad file which was 1.84MB..gonna put it in the Wii now..that is the correct file name right? I went to available WAD files on the device and I located the file which is 1.85mb..gonna install it now just wanted to be sure this was it and if this file is for the US version of the Wii..I wouldn't want to put in a PAL one by mistake

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to play my legitimately purchased copy of SMG2 cuz when I got home from Target and opened up the case, there was no disc inside. Manual and all the other inserts are there, but no disc. The fuck.

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
I'm unable to play my legitimately purchased copy of SMG2 cuz when I got home from Target and opened up the case, there was no disc inside. Manual and all the other inserts are there, but no disc. The fuck.

For some reason, I can't stop laughing.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hakoda said:
Lakerfanalways said:
1) Download NUS Downloader. Run it. Upper right hand corner click "Database". Hover over "IOS" --> Hover over "IOS 56" --> Click "Latest Version".
2) At the bottom check the boxes, "Pack --> WAD", "Save As" & "Local Files". At the top click "Start NUS Download".
3) Once its done it will pack the files as a WAD and ask you where to save it. Save it anywhere and copy it over to the "wads" folder on your SD card.
4) Launch the WAD Installer of your choice and install the IOS56 WAD in HBC. I suggest GUI WAD Manager 1.5. Copy the folder to your "apps" folder at the root of your SD card.
5) Done.

Excellent! Thanks Hakoda!

yaywii.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
darkranboria said:
injected11 said:

For some reason, I can't stop laughing.
thats f*cked, if u ask me, this is the one instance where downloading a rip of the game should be legal, f*cking corporate assholes are always screwing over the little guy! I bet u are going to have a hard time convincing them that u actually purchased it without the disc in the case!

sorry 2 hear about all that man... I hope Target reimburses u or w/e, good luck

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Target actually swapped it for another one without asking a single question other than "Did a Target employee get this out for you?", to which I was able to say "YOU got it out for me". Opened it right there at the counter to make sure I had my disc, and am now enjoying my game. Gotta say though, if they were that lax in following up on a missing product, that tells me either they've had other people coming in with the same issue (customer service assured me they hadn't), or someone is stealing on the job and let me go easily to avoid drawing attention to it.

ndrake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have IOS56 installed (v5405), but I still can't play my legit copy of SMG2. When I try to load the disc, it says a system update is available. What do I need to update to make this go away? I've also run Pimp my Wii to ensure that my stuff is up to date. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ndrake said:
I have IOS56 installed (v5405), but I still can't play my legit copy of SMG2. When I try to load the disc, it says a system update is available. What do I need to update to make this go away? I've also run Pimp my Wii to ensure that my stuff is up to date. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
It's probably got a stub of IOS249 on it. Don't install the updates. Load the game through Gecko OS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: