Hacking cant play gcm files....

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just installed dios mios and have tryed both dml booter and neogamma and cant get gcm files to work...

they dont even show up in neogamma. when they show up in dml booter it starts loading then crashes the wii.

iv tryed the games from iso and they work (animal crossing and windwaker) but none i try work when gcm.

any ideas peeps?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like you dont compress them properly, read my guide carefully again, it works for sure you just do it wrong.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well now i cant even play iso files! the 2 that were working (animal crossing and wind waker) now fail to load and i just get black screen with green power light on the wii!

i didnt do anything to SD card other than put one more gc game on it and then tryed again and none work!

this is a mission :(

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like you dont compress them properly, read my guide carefully again, it works for sure you just do it wrong.

i was using GCMUtility. is that no good? you do mention loads of ways to compress in your tutorial, which is best!?

when using GCM i rename the iso something other than game, open the GSM program, find the iso and choose shrink, when it asks for a name i type "game" and it creates the gcm file in the folder which i copy to my SD root "games" folder! is that wrong?

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
@FIX94 where is your guide? cause I do not see it in your sig also does your guide work for GCG loading via USBL-GX?

I assume you're after this guide

You can play the games either with DIOS-MIOS Booter, NeoGamma, postLoader4, Wiiflow, USB Loader GX or Configurable USB Loader.

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my bad. will try gamecubeisocompress. still cant figure out why iso would work once and then not again....

same thing happens.

when i use the old diosmios instaler i get black screen, when i try installing the new wad for diosmios a screen for GCloader comes up and stops on "loading apploader, loading main.dol"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs