Can't play games with USBLoader GX; Need directions!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by FreakyBalloon, Oct 10, 2015.

1. FreakyBalloon
    OP

FreakyBalloon Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2015
    Italy
    Hello everyone.
    So, I got USBLoader GX on my USB, and after the countless times I tried to get games to work, I gave up and forgot about it.
    But now, I wanted to get it to work again.

Here is what I did the first time around months ago:
    -Got the games I needed on my USB with WBFS Manager 3.0 (the key is a fat32).
    -Loaded USBLoader GX with the homebrew channel.
    -ALL games I tried to put in appeared in the menu; the channel could read the USB.
    -Tried to play the games in any sort of way- forced all sort of things, nothing worked.
    -Forgot about it out of frustration!

Now I did this:
    -Put the game on the USB key with WBFS Manager 3.0.
    -Downloaded the latest version of USBLoader GX.
    -Loaded USBLoader GX with the homebrew channel.
    -The game did not appear on the menu... I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe it was a reading error? The ISO is on the USB, I checked again with WBFS Manager... I dunno. Turns out I put the USB in the wrong slot! This shows you how good I am at this.

Now, I've read online that I actually need to install cIOS to play games. I see there are many installers for it, and some require your console to go online too (I'd rather have the offline ones). Can someone direct me to where I can find the most stable version?
    Or a good guide on how to make it all work properly? A friend of mine tried to help but he never mentioned cIOS and other needed things.

I'm completely ignorant on these subjects, so if someone can direct me to a guide, or give me help and information on how to make it work, I would really appreciate it!

Update: I got the latest cIOS installer, but as soon as I tried to install the suggested cIOS, it failed. Do I need the console to be online?

Last edited by FreakyBalloon, Oct 11, 2015