Hacking Question Can't play downloaded games with tinfoil

kogan92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I upgraded my switch to fw 10.0.0 and AMS to 0.11.1 with the method of deleting everything (keeping just Nintendo folder) and copy/paste of the root folder the atmosphere files. But then problems start to come out: can't play games downloaded with tinfoil. When I want to start a game, it tells me that I have to redownload the game. So I decided to downgrade my switch and atmosphere, I put sigpatches but nothing happened, even if I redownload the game from tinfoil, even though it's useless, since the game files are physically present on my memory. So where do I do wrong?

danfozzy85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Last edited by danfozzy85,

kogan92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard...es-for-atmosphere.521164/page-95#post-9015684

copy these sig patches onto your SD card to play your games.

To note, Tinfoil wont work under ams 11.1 - the tinfoil devs need to update their kip file. if you install the kip file from the app it will black screen your switch next time you reboot

Tinfoil devs do not need to update their kip file. The issue is the patches you linked are incomplete. There is some new CFW tha thas the required homebrew patches, NEUTOS or something.

kogan92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What does boot, your switch or tinfoil? If tinfoil, it may have already gotten marked as corrupt from no patches previously, try uninstalling / reinstalling.

You also have to reboot after installing a new CFW

sept, atmosphere bootlogo 1st and second, then stuck on black screen

danfozzy85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Tinfoil devs do not need to update their kip file. The issue is the patches you linked are incomplete. There is some new CFW tha thas the required homebrew patches, NEUTOS or something.

Aye alright ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sept, atmosphere bootlogo 1st and second, then stuck on black screen

By the sounds of it you have a sysmodule that doesn't like the latest AMS, did you run tinfoil and have a popup come up prompting you to install a kip file? If you did and installed it then thats the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.