boloss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I have a 3DS 4.1.0-8E with a working R4i Gold cart and the latest Wood R4 1.48. Most of the roms work, except these 3: Dragon Quest IX (stuck at the first introduction scene), Inazuma Eleven 2 and Professor Layton and the Specter's Call (both white screens on launch). Funny thing is these 3 games have size of 256mb, whereas the other games that work have 128mb or less, so is it a coincidence?

But on the official site r4ids.cn, for exemple they say that Inazuma Eleven 2 was fixed on Wood 1.48, so I don't understand why it doesn't work for me? I've tried everything, from reformatting my micro sd to downgrading the Wood R4 to 1.46 (I took this one randomly), but nothing works.

Anyone have an idea for my problem? I've tried searching on google but nothing came out :(
Thank you guys for any help!

Pong20302000, thanks for the suggestion but yes the roms are clean, not patched.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

I have a 3DS 4.1.0-8E with a working R4i Gold cart and the latest Wood R4 1.48. Most of the roms work, except these 3: Dragon Quest IX (stuck at the first introduction scene), Inazuma Eleven 2 and Professor Layton and the Specter's Call (both white screens on launch). Funny thing is these 3 games have size of 256mb, whereas the other games that work have 128mb or less, so is it a coincidence?

But on the official site r4ids.cn, for exemple they say that Inazuma Eleven 2 was fixed on Wood 1.48, so I don't understand why it doesn't work for me? I've tried everything, from reformatting my micro sd to downgrading the Wood R4 to 1.46 (I took this one randomly), but nothing works.

Anyone have an idea for my problem? I've tried searching on google but nothing came out :(
Thank you guys for any help!

Pong20302000, thanks for the suggestion but yes the roms are clean, not patched.
Maybe you can try changing some of the settings in the firmware for the save files (save type, save file size, etc.) for these specific games?

boloss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey bowser, thanks a lot for the advice! You're right, it definitely is a problem with the save type.
When I change this setting for each game to "no save", the game do loads up but I'm stuck on the first screen (the game says it won't load because there are no save file, of course).
But the problem remains because I've tried selecting all of the available save types (4K, 64K, 512K the default one, 1M, 2M, etc, but then I have the blank screens back).

So any ideas for this? Thanks again for your help, at least now we pinpointed the source of the problem.

boloss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I checked and yes the CRC32 are good so I really have no idea what's the problem here? Anyhow I guess I'll just have to wait for the next update of WoodR4, hoping it'll work then.
But thanks for taking the time to help me :)

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please try formatting your tf card with the sector size to be 8K Byte or more. Then unzip the latest wood r4 for r4i gold(r4ids.cn) to the root directory of your tf card.Copy the rom to your tf card. That's all.

Deleted member 402514

Trophies
XP
ive had the same problem as boloss and ive tried everything from the above and it still stops and gives me a black screen. this happens after nearly every cutscene in dragon quest ix. however, i have a different r4i card; its a r4 dual core 2016 card. please help!

Last edited by Deleted member 402514,

rubbersoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
ive had the same problem as boloss and ive tried everything from the above and it still stops and gives me a black screen. this happens after nearly every cutscene in dragon quest ix. however, i have a different r4i card; its a r4 dual core 2016 card. please help!

is your r4 from r4isdhc.com?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
What class is the microSD card in the R4? I had a Class2 microSD in my R4 for a while and Pokemon Black 2 just wouldn't run on it - turns out it requires at least Class 4 so I ended up buying a 16GB Class 10 to replace it. If you also have Class 2 then there is your issue.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1