Can't play a few games on my R4i Gold cart

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by boloss, Jun 7, 2012.

Jun 7, 2012
  1. boloss
    OP

Newcomer boloss Newbie

France
    Hi guys,

I have a 3DS 4.1.0-8E with a working R4i Gold cart and the latest Wood R4 1.48. Most of the roms work, except these 3: Dragon Quest IX (stuck at the first introduction scene), Inazuma Eleven 2 and Professor Layton and the Specter's Call (both white screens on launch). Funny thing is these 3 games have size of 256mb, whereas the other games that work have 128mb or less, so is it a coincidence?

But on the official site r4ids.cn, for exemple they say that Inazuma Eleven 2 was fixed on Wood 1.48, so I don't understand why it doesn't work for me? I've tried everything, from reformatting my micro sd to downgrading the Wood R4 to 1.46 (I took this one randomly), but nothing works.

Anyone have an idea for my problem? I've tried searching on google but nothing came out :(
    Thank you guys for any help!

Pong20302000, thanks for the suggestion but yes the roms are clean, not patched.

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    the roms patched?

you must use clean roms on wood

roms will either be 8mb,16mb,32mb,64mb,128mb,256mb,512mb

3. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    Maybe you can try changing some of the settings in the firmware for the save files (save type, save file size, etc.) for these specific games?

4. boloss
    OP

Newcomer boloss Newbie

France
    Hey bowser, thanks a lot for the advice! You're right, it definitely is a problem with the save type.
    When I change this setting for each game to "no save", the game do loads up but I'm stuck on the first screen (the game says it won't load because there are no save file, of course).
    But the problem remains because I've tried selecting all of the available save types (4K, 64K, 512K the default one, 1M, 2M, etc, but then I have the blank screens back).

So any ideas for this? Thanks again for your help, at least now we pinpointed the source of the problem.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wood 1.48 is the latest.
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/flashcart-files/download-wood-r4-for-r4i-gold-r4ids-148-f28795.html

6. boloss
    OP

Newcomer boloss Newbie

France
    Hi Rydian,
    I already have the latest installed!

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Go to the properties of the ROMs, and compare the CRC32 with the ones listed here.
    http://www.advanscene.com/
    If they're different, the ROMs have been modified, get unmodified ones (like pong said).

8. boloss
    OP

Newcomer boloss Newbie

France
    I checked and yes the CRC32 are good so I really have no idea what's the problem here? Anyhow I guess I'll just have to wait for the next update of WoodR4, hoping it'll work then.
    But thanks for taking the time to help me :)

9. tranfeer

Member tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Please try formatting your tf card with the sector size to be 8K Byte or more. Then unzip the latest wood r4 for r4i gold(r4ids.cn) to the root directory of your tf card.Copy the rom to your tf card. That's all.

Fabbbrrr and xdpirate like this.
  10. boloss
    OP

Newcomer boloss Newbie

France
    Hey tranfeer thank you so much, it works now!! ^^
    Just when I've had abandoned all hope. Thanks again man!

11. ProItzAGamer

Newcomer ProItzAGamer Newbie

United Kingdom
    ive had the same problem as boloss and ive tried everything from the above and it still stops and gives me a black screen. this happens after nearly every cutscene in dragon quest ix. however, i have a different r4i card; its a r4 dual core 2016 card. please help!

Last edited by ProItzAGamer, Oct 9, 2016
  12. rubbersoul

Newcomer rubbersoul Newbie

Malaysia
    is your r4 from r4isdhc.com?

13. Favna

Member Favna #PCMasterRace

Netherlands
    What class is the microSD card in the R4? I had a Class2 microSD in my R4 for a while and Pokemon Black 2 just wouldn't run on it - turns out it requires at least Class 4 so I ended up buying a 16GB Class 10 to replace it. If you also have Class 2 then there is your issue.

14. ProItzAGamer

United Kingdom
    rubbersoul i dont think so as i bought it from ebay but its highly likely that it wasnt bought from there
    i have a class 4 16 gb micro sd and still doesnt work but thanks favna. i might buy a class 10 one though, just in case

Last edited by ProItzAGamer, Oct 9, 2016
  15. migles

Member migles Official fishy stick giver

Trinidad and Tobago
    test the cards with h2testw http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/H2testw.shtml
    you need to test them clean for best results (if you don't want to clean it, delete the roms that are having issues)

16. ProItzAGamer

United Kingdom
    i tried that and my micro sd card was clean but thank you