Can't open the damn thing!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by MaHe, Nov 5, 2007.

Nov 5, 2007

Can't open the damn thing! by MaHe at 8:13 PM (745 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    I'm trying to mod my XBOX360 (now that BenQ is flashable and Call of Duty 4 is out), but I realised I can't open it! I got the gray cover from top and bottom out fine, but am stuck at the part where you have to separate the both case parts on the back. I got the left side (where the USB port is) 'unlocked' fine (by simply prying the small Phillips screwdriver in), but can't do the same thing on the right side (where the power cord goes in). I do the same, hear a click, but it simply won't open! I tried to make a 'unlock' kit by cutting some plastic, still nothing. I can separate the clamps on the front side just fine.

Am I missing something? I've watch about a dozen of videos and they opened just fine. I tried sticking two screwdrivers in each hole, nothing.
    Help. And no, I am not going to buy an 'unlock kit' (not because I'd be cheap, but because I can't wait that long) ...

Thanks .... :'(

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I'd suggest getting a xbox 360 unlock kit. It looks like this:
    [​IMG]

It'll make it much easier to open the 360. It took me only about 3 minutes to get it open and ready to be flashed with these kit.

The problem with opening the 360 is the locking mechanism on the back, they need to be all pushed in at the same time for it to be released. That's a real pain to do without the kit.

3. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    He said he doesn't want to buy one...^^

4. MaHe
    OP

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Well, after an hour of random tries (I stuck a screwdriver in one hole and pushed all kind of cr*p in the second one - and I'm talking about XBOX, you perverts [​IMG] ) it magically opened. I have another problem now - the store made a mistake and didn't deliver the right PCI SATA card. Oh, well, I'll have the right one till Wednesday ... I can wait. [​IMG]

Anyways, thanks for at least looking in the thread, folks. [​IMG]