Hacking Can't open Rittai Picross on R4 card!

shrimpo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had no problem loading the game on my R4 card but when I tried to put the game on my mom's R4 card on her DS Lite, it simply will not load. I've tried switching my R4 card with hers to see if it was the card's problem, but it still won't work. I've tried installing the latest firmware, nothing works! But it will work on my machine and my memory card, and it seems to only be a problem with Rittai Picross as I have put other games on her card and they all work fine. .

Can someone please help? Thanks!

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you using real R4? Which firmware do you use? Try formatting your mom's memory card and put the games back. Are your memory card's brand and capacity the same as your mom's?

shrimpo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for your reply! The R4 card came in that unmistakable r4sd box with the greenish camo background. But it looks like we have different microsd cards--mine is a 1GB Toshiba SD Card and hers is a 2GB Kingston. Could this be the reason why certain games work on my card and not hers?

Im not sure which firmware I use. My brother told me to go to the R4 website and download the latest kernel, which I did (basically unzipped the file and put all of its contents on the SD card -- not sure if that was correct).

I am thinking of getting an R4SDHC card--do you, or anyone else, know a reputable place online where I can find a legitimate R4SDHC card?

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm not really sure the problem is the brand & capacity of the micro sd, but it crossed my mind that it could be the problem (minor probability).
But the major probability is the firmware. The latest official R4 firmware is 1.18, now R4 is dead and there won't be any official update anymore. Most people in gbatemp using ysmenu, but I'm using firmware 1.19 (unofficial update), I'm not recommending you to use 1.19 because the cart need to be hacked first, but I'm satisfied with 1.19.
If you're going to buy new card, I suggest you buy Cyclo ds or EDGE. DON'T BUY R4SDHC!!! It's fake/clone of R4 (remember that official R4 is dead), most people using fake/clone of R4 having some trouble with the update firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended