Hacking Can't open my sd mini at all it tells me to format (?)

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't have this windows 7 bull crap telling me I need to format my disk before I can add it to my computer no i well not for mat it dum pc My stuff i play on my ak2i is on there gerrr >_

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can you access the contents of the SD using your Acekard?

If not, then it may not be Windows who's showing you the middle finger. By the way, I'm pretty sure you can just cancel that notice and it'll detect the card anyways if there's anything there to be detected.

Reactions: 1 person

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you'll have to format, you can just put everything back on afterwards. You backed up everything in a folder on your computer in case of emergency, right? ;)

if not, do it.

~.~

Super Lurker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this problem, it's either Not readable in the current formated filsystem or you can try fliping the little switch on the side of the card, sometimes it doesn't always switch. check if all the connections are working properly, as a last resort blow into all the connections. if all that doesn't work, format it.

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like you'll have to format, you can just put everything back on afterwards. You backed up everything in a folder on your computer in case of emergency, right? ;)

if not, do it.
Nope I can't but my files still work on my AK2i
I just can't drop no more roms in it its a 8 gig too bummer dang it gerrr

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if not, do it.
Then it's most likely the adapter.
Get a new one.
EDIT: and WHY NO MORE OBE's?

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if not, do it.
Then it's most likely the adapter.
Get a new one.
EDIT: and WHY NO MORE OBE's?

PS: Ill lose my save data on Pokemon black and the wi-fi stuff and dream world as well

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think replacing the microSD adapter would work, but it's worth a shot. If it doesn't work, you'll have to choose between formatting and your precious Pokemon saves.

hint: Pokesav ;)

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
run a filesystem check
if windows does not let you do it give it to someone who can use linux
that the ds can access it means that the data can be saved

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this problem all the time, but its not Windows' fault. I'm using Win7 Ultimate so I can't speak for other, but Win7Ultimate usually gives me a choice between re-checking/correcting sectors, or formatting the card. Repairing sectors just means that it corrects any anomalies that may have occurred like powering off on certain DS games. Powering off your DS while saving may cause game corruptions but on the SD/PC, more complications arise like ejecting a card when its reading or cancelling files, or whatever...

At most times, if you can't find the repair options, then your PC/card reader is just having trouble reading your microSD through the SD adapter. Ejecting and retrying 3, 4, maybe 12 or 15 times may finally get your card working. Its very rare where the card is truly corrupt, and your only option is formatting. If you already formatted, I think you were just impatient and didn't try everything you could.

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did I had a repair team fix it bu it messed the files up so i had no files on my sd card mini my ak2i said file missing

Well the bad nws is my data to pokemon black rom is gone so that means my dream world is as well gone can't re sink the data now its long gone dang you nintendo pokemon dream world is stuck now have to remake a new dream world user account and id snic

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got good news I found my old data still has issue though hum can you give me the way to make poke'mon black work again forgot (?) It just loads and loads and loads lol

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize you have already lost the info but here is some food for though, though I'm no expert, I have had some similar problems

With any luck these ideas and experiences may prevent a re occurance in the future...

There are several conditions that CAN cause this trouble, here are a few...

suggestion: Every 1st of the month I backup all SAV files on my carts, to my external PC drive for later emergency restoration, in the event of a virus or such.

warning: roms can be made with virus's on them desigend to cause the chip non reversable damage... and can be found uploaded to some rather shady sites... but seem to have no effect on your computer...

I have friends who have often gotten a similar problem where they were not able to accesss the card on thier win systems (varoius ones not 7 though) and it did list its contents just can;t access them.... and it turned out to be a poroblem that came with a bad rom, being infected, and was designed to ruin the cart (mem chip only) entirely. They were ultimately asked to format, which turned out to not even be possible as it was then not detected when preping for that menuever.

The cart itself (micro chip) can become damaged, besides just data lost though I don't really understand how (technically) that happens or what triggers it. Physical and data wise., not just data loss but made to become permanantly un-usable
, finally had it happen to me recently.

of course then there are cheap chips (not all of them) from Amazon which are really knock offs and break readily...allow corruption and physical loss permanent.

You also need to be careful as to whether the micro SDHC is a 4 or 2 rating (data transfer rate) and should be chosen as compatible with either the USB or USB 2 port. (also data transfer rate of another sort) These can produce similar results and should be carefully matched for compatibility

I am asked that question (by my comp) about formatting it every time my 16 GB micro SDHC is loaded onto my windows vista system but I'm also given the option to bypass, which I do and it mounts normallly from there...until next time when it does it again

the provided adapters are notoriuos for going bad on me here in a tropical climate (high humidity)
I solved this by buying a very micro sized special adapter from Amazon called 'Elongo" , problem solved works awesome and is reallly tiny. Turns any SDHC into the worlds smallest jump drive and the chip can be changed as needed. really it's smaller than your thumb nail! but well made.
Peace Out

But on the friends chipc it turned out to be some bad magic ...er bad juju.. er...um.. bad rom from a bad rom site, that corrupted the card permanently, (by designed from some unscrupulous hacker) IN other words, formatting, although the option was offered, resulted in it telling you (aft you choose go ahead and format) that it was not recognized or found Again, bad data from untrustworthy site....

Also, I use a 16 GB class 4 SDHC, and after several trials found that you can not use that size for updating my particcular cart, but must use a smaller ie 2 4 GB cart, and wallah it worked. (upgraded)

Sorry for the rambling but there's really a lot to consider with that problem, less had I known more details of the actual occurance.

Do you have the WiFi software available through filetrip that allows backing up via wifi?
Do you have a save dongle, that you MIGHT be able to strip the save file off? and restore it to another pokemon game copy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?