Hacking Can't Multicard Play on Acekard 2i

awesomeidiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This might be a nooby question and one that has already been answered (i checked, but no clear answers) but plz dont flame me.
unsure.gif

I got an Acekard 2i with AKAIO and the latest loader on a DSi
I was going to play GTA : Chinatown Wars with a friend who had the original cartridge.
I hosted first but he could not find a game to connect to. The wireless communications (yellow) light never flashed during this.
Then he hosted but i could not find a game to connect to. once again, the communications light did not flash.
Basically, the wireless communications were not working even though it was turned on at the DSi menu. This has not happened in another game.
I've played Multiplayer Mario Kart, New Super Mario Bros. etc and had no problems.
Has this happened to anyone else, and what is causing it?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This happened to me as well. From the release of GTA i have never been able to play it in mulitplayer, not even on my R4i. I've also got an ak2i now, and it still doesn't work. I don't know what the problem is, but i would like a fix as well.

awesomeidiot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
cornaljoe said:
There is an option in the ROM Settings menu to turn on download play fix.

Yeh I already have it on. And i dont think download play affects it because it is card->card rather than card->no card. Thanks for the suggestion though
yaynds.gif

another thing id like to mention is, once you enter the multicard play menu, it is impossible to go back to the main menu (clicking exit or the back arrow does nothing). the games not frozen however

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Try to dl another version - must be fixed fixed, or if you use AKAIO FW, dl original ROM file without fixing. Maybe this helps you to play CARD - CARD game
biggrin.gif

Only fixed game has wifi trouble, fixed fixed game has no issue with wifi (works), and original ROM works great without any trouble...

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe, but Ive read in another forum, that there are two fixed versions, one fix gameplay, and another (which I called fixed fixed) that fix wifi playing... so... why not to test...
biggrin.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA Chinatown Wars multiplayer doesnt work on AKAIO. But it does work on the original Acekard firmware.

Download this.
http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2_41...730_release.zip
Go to AIO folder in ur MicroSD and put the akmenu4.nds into the ak2loader folder. Then go to your Acekard 2i and press Y on GTA and select Akmenu4 loader. And it will work.

Normmatt can't fix it yet I guess. But good thing official team fixed it.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, this doesn't fix the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection problem I seem to have... Go to laptop in hq, click to synchronize, the green light never flashes and the game gets nowhere. Any ideas for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.