Hacking Can't make skins work

ChiliD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a lot of fun with my DSTT, and I'm still happy I bought it. My main complaint is that the default skin is very ugly, and I don't seem to be able to fix that. I downloaded another skin from the Downloads section of GBAtemp and over-wrote the default folder in Skins with the new skin, but it looks absolutely horrible. Artefacts, static, and only half the icons are showing up.

I tried another skin, and I have the same problem... I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here, so a little help would be appreciated.
smile.gif

ChiliD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, scratch that. I did get the skin to work, and the ugly default one is now gone, gone, gone.
smile.gif

Sadly, now the games that I downloaded from the Homebrew section refuse to work. Starlite2, New Spirits, Escape from Island, and New Zelda all load halfway through and then get stuck. I wait ten minutes or longer, then give up and power off the DSLite, start it again, and try again. Moonshell won't play mp3 files either.

I am honestly very embarrassed that this isn't working. I am normally much better at making things work.
blush.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about any of the other homebrew you listed, Moonshell should work fine. Maybe your .mp3 files are corrupt or were converted incorrectly or something.

If you know for a fact that your .mp3's work on other carts, you might also try downloading the version of Moonshell from the official DSTT site (www.ndstt.com) and see if that version works.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)