Can't make skins work

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by ChiliD, May 4, 2008.

1. ChiliD
    OP

ChiliD Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2008
    United States
    I'm having a lot of fun with my DSTT, and I'm still happy I bought it. My main complaint is that the default skin is very ugly, and I don't seem to be able to fix that. I downloaded another skin from the Downloads section of GBAtemp and over-wrote the default folder in Skins with the new skin, but it looks absolutely horrible. Artefacts, static, and only half the icons are showing up.

I tried another skin, and I have the same problem... I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong here, so a little help would be appreciated. [​IMG]

2. ChiliD
    OP

ChiliD Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2008
    United States
    Okay, scratch that. I did get the skin to work, and the ugly default one is now gone, gone, gone. [​IMG]

Sadly, now the games that I downloaded from the Homebrew section refuse to work. Starlite2, New Spirits, Escape from Island, and New Zelda all load halfway through and then get stuck. I wait ten minutes or longer, then give up and power off the DSLite, start it again, and try again. Moonshell won't play mp3 files either.

I am honestly very embarrassed that this isn't working. I am normally much better at making things work. [​IMG]

3. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    I don't know about any of the other homebrew you listed, Moonshell should work fine. Maybe your .mp3 files are corrupt or were converted incorrectly or something.

If you know for a fact that your .mp3's work on other carts, you might also try downloading the version of Moonshell from the official DSTT site (www.ndstt.com) and see if that version works.

-Bri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice