Hacking Can't make EmuNAND on N3DS 9.2

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, I've followed this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/ and got to the point I'm needed to use EmuNAND9 to make the EmuNAND partition on my micro sd. Now, I select the option "EmuNAND setup", after a while I press "A" and kept the same micro sd inserted because I don't care for files to be deleted. After it's done, it asks me to reboot, I reboot and get into the home menu, but a message says my N3DS can't read the micro sd. If I plug my micro sd to my computer the files that supposedly should be deleted are all there. And no trace of the emunand partition, because the micro sd capacity is exactly the same as before. Any suggestions?

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Download the latest gateway and install the 3dsx to homebrew. Don't forget launcher.dat
thanks for the reply, but could you explain the procedure with a little bit more of details? I'm kinda noob and don't want to fuck up

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the reply, but could you explain the procedure with a little bit more of details? I'm kinda noob and don't want to fuck up
Alright then are you on N3ds or o3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nvm just saw it... Download gateway beta and locate launcher.dat and a folder named GW with a 3dsx and a smdh file in it. Drag that folder into the 3ds folder on your sd card root.

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Already had this problem a lot of times. On N3DS, the microSD reader is really shitty. I got SD Cards corrupted three times and they never worked again on my N3DS. Just buy another SD Card and be very very very careful. I'd recommend a Samsung PRO Evo Class 10 because I never succeeded to boot rxTools or anything else with the corrupted ones.

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright then are you on N3ds or o3ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nvm just saw it... Download gateway beta and locate launcher.dat and a folder named GW with a 3dsx and a smdh file in it. Drag that folder into the 3ds folder on your sd card root.
Thanks, will do.

Already had this problem a lot of times. On N3DS, the microSD reader is really shitty. I got SD Cards corrupted three times and they never worked again on my N3DS. Just buy another SD Card and be very very very careful. I'd recommend a Samsung PRO Evo Class 10 because I never succeeded to boot rxTools or anything else with the corrupted ones.
That's exactly my kind of micro sd.

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, will do.

That's exactly my kind of micro sd.

Try using SDFOrmatter to format your card then. It can work. Or, use a less capacity microsd, install emunand and the hax on it and then use SDCopy on the corrupted micro sd. Already saw some people that tried it and it worked for them....

4ur0r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't seem to find the button to make the emunand with the Gateway homebrew app... Also, where should I put the Launchet.dat file? Micro-sd root?
NVM, I found the "FORMAT EMUNAND" button.
Done formatting, what now?

Last edited by 4ur0r,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Nope. Not into gaming.