Can't make a new account on modded WiiU

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My WiiU is modded with CBHC, custom menu theme, and manually editted accounts as I have over 300 titles installed. The games on the two accounts are different.
I wanted to add a third account, but every time I try to, after I input my parental control pin, I get error code 150-3032 and have to power cycle. Googling seemed to suggest this had to do with external storage, but I still run in to it with no SD and no HDD plugged in.

Anyone got any ideas?

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I uninstall CBHC while still having forwarder channels, custom theme, etc etc, I can just re-install it after and all that will still work?

I guess this could be my chance to install Tiramisu/PayloadLoader instead..

Last edited by BedtimeGuy,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it can be reinstalled however your titles won't work until somesort of cfw is back. Theme however.... If you have a permanent one like me I'm not so sure about that loading... Maybe a good idea to install your backup stock menu first.

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I uninstalled CBHC, booted in to the regular menu and still have the same issue. Can't make another account. Even tried turning of all parental controls so there's one less step! Part of me is considering doing it manually over FTP, but that's probably a recipe for bricking.

In any case, I'll install Tiramisu, but I'm really disappointed I can't get this working 100%

Edit: Should I consider formatting the WiiU at some point? It'd be a huge pain to set some stuff back up but I imagine my external HDD games would still be playable after, yes?

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's the exact error screen I get, for reference. Not sure the Nintendo error codes are all that helpful to anyone though.. I think that error code is just their catch-all "something went wrong" number.

I must have a corrupt file somewhere, or something the WiiU doesn't expect... perhaps my edited BaristaAccountSaveFile(s) are somehow not QUITE right. I'll try making them both the same first.

Attachments

• error_01.jpg
    error_01.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 32
  • error_02.jpg
    error_02.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is weird. Personally at this stage I'd be considering a full format after removing all homebrew of course however your hdd will not be compatible as i believe an ID tag to your hdd is unique and this changes when formatting. I'm going off vague memory here but there is some info regarding that around here somewhere, possibly with a fix.

BedtimeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh yeah, I suspect formatting it might fix the issue, but getting alll those game set up again would be a huge pain. I have em backed up in WUP format, but of course my SD card only holds so much and re-installing them to the HDD would take ages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1