Hacking Can't load xenoblade chronicles

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either your disc image or your WBFS partition are corrupt. I would recommend not using WBFS anymore and check the disc image to make sure it matches the hash for it on redump.org or gametdb.com. WBFS is very flaky and has a habit of crosslinking files and trashing the entire drive.

RichHomieSupreme

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either your disc image or your WBFS partition are corrupt. I would recommend not using WBFS anymore and check the disc image to make sure it matches the hash for it on redump.org or gametdb.com. WBFS is very flaky and has a habit of crosslinking files and trashing the entire drive.
How exactly do I do that? I went on the sites but I didn't see how I was supposed to do that.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly do I do that? I went on the sites but I didn't see how I was supposed to do that.

I use this shell extension for checksums: http://code.kliu.org/hashcheck/

If you want to check Gamecube games there is a tool in my sig that can do that and look them up automatically. (I know you didn't mention GC but it's there if you need it. :)) I was planning on adding Wii disc support to it but I haven't gotten a chance to yet.

You would need the disc image you ripped originally for it to match the redump/gametdb values because WBFS removes the unused parts of the disc and that missing data will cause it to have a different hash value. Unfortunately there is no collection of hash values for Wii games that have been converted, as far as I know.

There is a guide for converting your drive from WBFS to FAT32 if you want to do that. I believe it will tell you if any of the files on the partition are cross-linked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night