Hacking Can't load VC/WiiWare from SD in UNEEK+DI

sweenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an 8 GB SDHC card, and in my normal softmod, i can play all of my titles from the SD card. but i boot into UNEEK+DI, and nothing loads from the SD card. it doesn't matter if the title is legit or not. they also can't be moved from the SD to the emulated system menu.

i built the NAND (4.3U) with ModMii using my wii's serial. i've copied my miis and save files from my old NAND. there is no HBC installed on my UNEEK+DI NAND.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
That is normal, here's an explanation as to how channels installed to the sd card work

When you install a channel, everything, including its ticket, is installed to your Wii's real nand. When you move channels to the SD card menu, it moves all the game data to the SD card, but the ticket stays on the real nand. And if you try to launch a channel from the SD card menu and its ticket is not installed to the real nand, it will not work. This is to ensure that people cannot share channels they have not legitimately purchased.

There are 2 ways to get around this

1) the simplest is to make a nand dump of your Wii that is able to launch the channels from the SD card menu, then extract the nand dump to your USB HDD using showmiiwads (details on how to do so can be found here: http://gbatemp.net/t218725-sneek-di-quick-guide). So this will make an exact copy of your nand, and it should have the tickets on it required to launch the games you've moved to the sd card menu.

2) You can reinstall all the channels again to your emulated nand, then move them to the SD card menu (or if they're already on the SD card menu, u can just delete the channel via the Wii System Menu, this will delete the game but it should keep the ticket installed, allowing you to play the title that you already have on the sd card)

FYI, if u have any channel in wad form, u can install it to the emulated nand using showmiiwads.

sweenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it sounds like i could also copy the tickets from my real NAND. i have my own NAND dumped and decrypted, the reason i'm using a modmii NAND is because my real dump stopped working for whatever reason.

if i just copy the ticket folder, would that work?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It could work in theory... but I don't know for sure. I think it's worth a try.

I would backup your current tickets folder just in case so you can easily revert to your current configuration if it doesn't work

FYI, I think its a little weird what your doing... most people use uneek to install channels to their emulated nand's system menu... and u want to use the emulated nand's sd card menu... your situation is indeed "uneek", lol

sweenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
copying the ticket folder didn't work.

i may try re-dumping my NAND and using it again. i won't be losing much in the way of progress.

i'm also assuming that installing a trucha-signed system ios won't make a difference in UNEEK+DI.

sweenish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
double for attention

re-dumped my own NAND, re-installed UNEEK+DI, still no dice as far as launching from SD card.

it's really the only thing stopping me from using UNEEK+DI exclusively.

EDIT: i reverted back to the ModMii NAND, as it seems to run faster than my own NAND dump. I'll just wait and see if a fix or workaround happens down the line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: