Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
IOS58 & IOS58-64-v6432 the same?
Exactly the same, the second one having more information in the filename, such as the version/revision of the file.
"IOS58" might refer to the console itself, the system files located in slot58.
"IOS58-64-v6432" might refer to the Wad packed file used to install/update the system files located in slot58 on your console.

IOS58 = a group of system files used by the wii located in a folder named "0000003a" (0x3a = 58), some of which are shared with other "group of system files".
v6432 = the version of the "0000003a" group of system files. Nintendo update the functions used by its system files, and release it using a new version to determine if the file is newer and need to be replaced.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I found a bone wished for IOS58 and got it with the warning to back up my nand again when it installs but tried to install it but got error ret = -1022 thats 1022 ? Content did not match hash in TMD

So what is the right checksum for the clean IOS58?

I ask as I have 2 I have found

first one is: cb27d1e92682ea64dd5fffd25e4e033d2ac9a40c
Second one is: 2883117998ed3ca4220d133a35bfae267a008de3

I can't find a website with the info i'm looking for

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I have installed a clean IOS36 & IOS58 and i STILL can't install HBC. Looked at the logger file and again HBC uses IOS59
Have a look here:
HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087200
running under IOS 59 rev 0x2421
50 titles are installed
Found IOS 58: revision: 0x1920*
Found IOS 0: revision: 0x0*
Found IOS 236: revision: 0xffff*
Found IOS 251: revision: 0x520e*
Found IOS 250: revision: 0x5212*
Found IOS 249: revision: 0x5212*
Found IOS 62: revision: 0x191e.
Found IOS 59: revision: 0x2421.
Found IOS 57: revision: 0x181f.
Found IOS 56: revision: 0x171e.
Found IOS 55: revision: 0x171f.
Found IOS 53: revision: 0x171f.
Found IOS 48: revision: 0x111c.
Found IOS 46: revision: 0xf17.
Found IOS 45: revision: 0xf17.
Found IOS 43: revision: 0xf17.
Found IOS 41: revision: 0xf17.
Found IOS 38: revision: 0x111c.
Found IOS 37: revision: 0x171f.
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xf18*
Found IOS 35: revision: 0xf18.
Found IOS 34: revision: 0xf18.
Found IOS 33: revision: 0xf18.
Found IOS 31: revision: 0xf18.
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x80f.
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x60e.
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x50f.
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 13: revision: 0x508.
Found IOS 12: revision: 0x30e.
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x50a.
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x222.
Found IOS 80: revision: 0x1c20.
launching IOS 38 for the installer...

IOS launched...

IOS versions: Installer: 38, HBC: 0
starting preparations

As you can see IOS0 has a * next to it as well so is this normal?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

I think the better question is if he replaced 36, wouldn't 236 be invalid due to having it's base as 36?

Or is the base only referenced at the initial install? Otherwise 251 would be dead too.

Not sure if he did the CIOS and 236 before or after the NAND dump and IOS installs.

JoostinOnline Thoughts?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the better question is if he replaced 36, wouldn't 236 be invalid due to having it's base as 36?

Or is the base only referenced at the initial install? Otherwise 251 would be dead too.

Not sure if he did the CIOS and 236 before or after the NAND dump and IOS installs.

JoostinOnline Thoughts?
Base information is stored in the tmd by modern cIOS installers and ModMii at the time of installation/creation. SysCheck reads that and reports it. A cIOS is its own title. It isn't attached to the original IOS used.

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm in the same situation and I've been following this thread . There was a link to these instructions:

1. Boot Homebrew Launcher 1.0 (1.3 did not recognize .dol files) via Smash Stack
2. Boot WiiMod lite 1.1
3. Change to IOS249
4. Install the IOS58 Wad Manager Channel via WiiMod's incorporated Wad Manager.
5. Install (original) IOS58 via Wad Installer channel

Before I change it to IOS249 on step 3, It is set to IOS36
I'm on step 4 but I'm not too sure now. Do I need to downlad IOS249 separately? when I click "Select source device: <Wii SD slot>" the program crashes

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, it says I can install IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad through the wad manager on homebrew Launcher. It does not give me an a option to select IOS249 so it's still on IOS36. I'm really not sure about this and I'm worried that I'm going to make it worse. Can anyone help me out? thanks

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works perfectly and it says it running on IOS58, Just got to get tatsunoko vs capcom working

What does "Works perfectly" mean?
What does "it says it running on IOS58" mean?

Try to write as clearly as possible since everything written may need to be translated into a foreign language.

Base information is stored in the tmd by modern cIOS installers and ModMii at the time of installation/creation. SysCheck reads that and reports it. A cIOS is its own title. It isn't attached to the original IOS used.
If you get the time to completely read the thread(it will make you cringe), the OP is battling with a form of aspergers (not disclosed until later in thread) and threw nearly every piece of homebrew software(including outdated wii software from 2010 and before).
Sometimes just trying stuff for 9 hours. All of this after getting started by watching a youtube tutorial.
So no assumptions should be made about his cIOS installers and ModMii because he was using multiple antiquated versions of various softwares.

Sadly, I do not believe he is the only one doing this. There are others without aspergers who are using old software and quick to try anything. Perhaps, a Sticky with only Whitelisted vwii approved software(for the "noobs") might solve the problem.

Reactions: JoostinOnline

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think you misquoted the wrong user :P
You probably wanted to quote Gi...

And as a general rule, do not install cIOS older than d2x v10 !
vWii is compatible ONLY with v10. NEVER INSTALL anything else.

Also, NEVER ASSUME, always ask before installing something.
In your current case, don't install that file.

The noob don't read sticky, or just assume they are outdated, or just assume that they know better, and it's boring to read anyway.
It's the same at my work, nobody read lists, they all think they are only a big track to follow but you can take shortcuts...

Reactions: Bug_Checker_

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to get rom covers on emulators originally. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to defend my stupidity in any way. Can anybody point me in the right direction of how to proceed? Should I uninstall IOS36? Or should I try to install an updated version of IOS58 on IOS249. Like I said before, I know I'm an idiot and I appreciate any help.

gi5431

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install v581 using both wiiMod Lite and MMM. Neither of them would detect my sd card or my usb HDD. The only thing that will detect wad files on my SD card is Wii Homebrew Launcher but that does not give me an option to select slot 49. V581.wad is an installer channel for IOS58 so can i install it on a slot 36 and go from there?

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install v581 using both wiiMod Lite and MMM. Neither of them would detect my sd card or my usb HDD. The only thing that will detect wad files on my SD card is Wii Homebrew Launcher but that does not give me an option to select slot 49. V581.wad is an installer channel for IOS58 so can i install it on a slot 36 and go from there?

V58I.wad = "GottaGetSomeBeer" = bad wad

oh I see now what damysteryman was trying to do. He used V58I.wad to disable the AHBPROT flag.
But you still need a clean IOS58-64-v6432.wad to install after V58I.wad is installed.

d2x cIOS do not have that restriction killed off in them though (most apps patching it usually do so temporarily in memory), so we cannot install an IOS wad right away, but we can get a vWii-specific installer homebrew that can, and then use THAT by building a custom channel with this installer in it, with the AHBPROT flag set in its TMD...

...and then install THAT channel by running a wad installer via smash stack, then reloading to a cIOS to install it.

THEN, after installing said AHBPROT installer channel, we go back to Wii Menu, and load it up, and should then be able to use that to install the vWii IOS58 just fine!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never uninstall a file.
Don't install files without asking first! We told it many and many times here already, but what did you do ? You installed v58i.wad right away when you found it without waiting for an answer.
If you start installing files randomly, it won't be easy to help you.

The 58i (not 581), is a channel containing a wad manager. Launching this channel grants AHB access to allow the wad manager to get NAND access without using cIOS.

Channels don't install "ON" a IOS slot.
When you install the "IOS 58 installer channel" and select 249, it doesn't replace 249!
It use the IOS located on 249 to get NAND access, to be able to install the channel on the NAND. The channel is installed in the location where all channels are located. Not on the IOS you selected to get NAND access.

I also suggest that you create a new thread, as we still haven't finish to help the other user. it will be too confusing to have two different problem to fix in the same thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...