Hacking Can't load into any CFW, always get black screen, please help!

TimmyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I must apologize for my poor language skills at first, I am not a native English speaker.

Two days ago, I cracked my New 3DS (system version is 9.1) by following the tutorial which I found on the internet, in order to run the .cia games that I downloaded from the internet.

The tutorial looks like this:

Trigger the Browserhax to enter the Homebrew Launcher;
Run Themehax_Installer from the Homebrew Launcher to install Themehax;
Restart to Homebrew Launcher by trigger the Themehax;
Run the Pasta CFW Loader from Homebrew Launcher to do :
install Devmenu cia in HBL/FBI;
install Cubic Ninja cia in Devmenu;
scan a QRcode in Cubic Ninja to enter the Gateway Menu(launcher.dat);
Backup system nand in Gateway Menu;
Backup SD card on computer;
Format emuNand in Gateway Menu;
Restore the SD card backup on computer。​
Initialize 3DS system;
Install Themehax again on the new initialized system;
Run Boot Manager in HBL and open Rxtools;
load into emuNand system in Rxtools;
update emuNand system to 9.5 by install .cia-s;
Install cia games with devmenu and play them.

In the first a few hours when these jobs just get done, the 3DS works well with the cia games.
But now, I can not load into any CFW such as Pasta , RxTools, Cakes, I just get a black screen again and again, and I have to force it to shutdown by holding the power button again and again. The 3DS original system, the Homebrew launcher and the BootManager is still accessible.
Before it broken, I only installed a AGB_FIRM Signature Patcher in order to play Dsiware .cia games, it did't work.
I have tried to recover it by anyway I can, such as check if system version bigger then 9.2(no, still 9.1), initialize 3DS, format/replace SD card... still get black screen when try to load any CFW.
I already searched all the internet, did not found any case like this been reported. Looks like I am the only person who encountered this problem.
anyone any idea?

Last edited by TimmyLee,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If you update your CFW to/above 7.0/9.6, it blackscreens because you either don't even have a slot0x25KeyX.bin, or it's corrupted. Try to generate/find/borrow a working slot0x25KeyX.bin, and place it on your SDCard.

D

Deleted-236924

AGB_FIRM patch is for GBA VC, not DSiWare, by the way.

If you update your CFW to/above 7.0/9.6, it blackscreens because you either don't even have a slot0x25KeyX.bin, or it's corrupted. Try to generate/find/borrow a working slot0x25KeyX.bin, and place it on your SDCard.
They're on N3DS, they can't be on sysnand under 7.0, and they also said it was on 9.1 sysnand.
N3DS emunand can't go above 9.5 regardless of any files on SD card yet.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slot0x25KeyX.bin is for people BELOW 7.x anyway, so, double fail.

@TimmyLee Do the steps that format emunand again and see if it works. Chances are that you installed system files that only belong on O3DS. There are firmware packs floating around with that problem.

Edit: You formatted your SD card and can't get it to work? And you used a different card completely? Was the new card the same size, brand, etc? I only ask because it sure sounds like your SD card is messed up, and you could have purchased fakes (even vendors get fooled with fakes and resell them). What you need to do is use any kind of partition manager on your SD card (including in Windows Disk Management) and delete the partitions and make a new one that takes up all of the space on the card. Then, do a FULL format with https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and the size adjustment turned on.

Then try again from step 1. You did format emunand again when trying a different card, right?

Last edited by urherenow,
D

Deleted-236924

They said all they did was install patched AGB_FIRM.
It's not an important system app so if you had a bad AGB_FIRM, you'd still be able to use your 3DS, just AGB mode would be bricked.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
if nothing goes well for you, then try this build of Rx but make sure you get the rei firmware bin and rename it to ""0004013820000002" and make another copy of the firmware bin and name it "0004013820000002orig" place both in folder you might manually have to create "data" < place the two bin files renamed in there,

and copy to the rxTools folder, here is the build https://dl.dropbox.com/s/o4jruqka1uzmmej/rxTools_stablenightly_26102015.7z?dl=0

Edit: if it does not do the trick for you, i would suggest setting the ctr boot manager as your boot.3dsx and try running rxtools with that and it might work.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

TimmyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You are not the only one, one of my systems (White N3DS) blackscreens using every CFW out there except one:

MiniPasta:
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/minipasta-zip.28168/
Thanks for your help! I tried this minipasta, when I open it from HBL, it dose don't purely blackscreen for me, but it will quickly froze with a blackscreen which with a few lines on it. I can not control it too. In normal situation, it will directly go to the Signature Free version of the original system home menu, right? I don't know what's the next to do, only have to force it to shutdown.
The frozen screen shot is here:
screen1.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for your help! I checked my SD card and I do have one on it, in view of it worked well before it broken, and the file has the same MD5 value, I think maybe this is not the key to this problem. Thank you again.

slot0x25KeyX.bin is for people BELOW 7.x anyway, so, double fail.

@TimmyLee Do the steps that format emunand again and see if it works. Chances are that you installed system files that only belong on O3DS. There are firmware packs floating around with that problem.

Edit: You formatted your SD card and can't get it to work? And you used a different card completely? Was the new card the same size, brand, etc? I only ask because it sure sounds like your SD card is messed up, and you could have purchased fakes (even vendors get fooled with fakes and resell them). What you need to do is use any kind of partition manager on your SD card (including in Windows Disk Management) and delete the partitions and make a new one that takes up all of the space on the card. Then, do a FULL format with https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ and the size adjustment turned on.

Then try again from step 1. You did format emunand again when trying a different card, right?
Thank you for your help!
I know this is a little crazy, but there is no possiblity of that the SD card I puchased is a fake one. Because I know there was a lot fake goods out there in my country (China if you wondered), so I did everything I can to avoid it. also I tested it on PC by using several diferent tools, the result is well. (if you have to know, it is a Sumsung evo+ MicroSDXC card, bought on the most reputable online marcket in this country)
And I do tried another SD card (the original 4G MicroSD card in the 3DS), also can't load into Pasta CFW or others.
I want to try format emunand as you said, but if I can't enter the Pasta CFW, I can't enter the Gateway Menu and format it, too, right?
Before I deleted all the disk partitions from my SD card and re-partition it, when I still had the emunand on my SD card, I restored it to a backup on my PC by using a emuNANDTool_1.0.3, it did't work, still blackscreen, so I think maybe the problem is not emunand.
Also I am sure that the AGB_FIRM patch which I used is for New 3DS.
Thanks again!

if nothing goes well for you, then try this build of Rx but make sure you get the rei firmware bin and rename it to ""0004013820000002" and make another copy of the firmware bin and name it "0004013820000002orig" place both in folder you might manually have to create "data" < place the two bin files renamed in there,

and copy to the rxTools folder, here is the build https://dl.dropbox.com/s/o4jruqka1uzmmej/rxTools_stablenightly_26102015.7z?dl=0

Edit: if it does not do the trick for you, i would suggest setting the ctr boot manager as your boot.3dsx and try running rxtools with that and it might work.
Thanks for your replying! I tried the Rx you provided, with the renamed "0004013820000002" files from the Rei which I downloaded. unfortunately it did't work. I also tried to use the CTR Boot Manager to replace my boot.3dsx, got the same result, still blackscreens. But thank you for your help!

Last edited by TimmyLee,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

TimmyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
so you never once managed to boot into emuNAND yeah ? cause that part is important to get pasta/rx to boot into emuNAND.

did you unlink your sysnand from your emuNand ? (not that it matters i believe..) but you need a workin emuNAND :/
pasta/rx works before it's broken. I can access emunand before it's broken, too.
if "unlink" means initialize the sysnand after format the emunand in GW menu, then yes.
I had a working emunand before, when I can't open it through rx, I deleted all the partitions on my SD card and re-partion it, in order to fix the problem.
now I have no emunand on my SD card, but open pasta do not need that, right?

Last edited by TimmyLee,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
pasta/rx works before it's broken. I can access emunand before it's broken, too.
if "unlink" means initialize the sysnand after format the emunand in GW menu, then yes.
I had a working emunand before, when I can't open it throw rx, I deleted all the partitions on my SD card and re-partion it, in order to fix the problem.
now I have no emunand on my SD card, but open pasta do not need that, right?

oh, i dont know about the 'open pasta' thing.. i assume pastacfw is the same as Rx , i use rxTools and for that cfw you need a working emuNAND.

you will have to format your sd card in the gw menu to setup emuNAND .. and then you should be able to boot into rx cfw/pastacfw , if you have a backed up emuNAND (that was working before) from before, then just inject it back with the emuNAND tool.

TimmyLee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
oh, i dont know about the 'open pasta' thing.. i assume pastacfw is the same as Rx , i use rxTools and for that cfw you need a working emuNAND.

you will have to format your sd card in the gw menu to setup emuNAND .. and then you should be able to boot into rx cfw/pastacfw , if you have a backed up emuNAND (that was working before) from before, then just inject it back with the emuNAND tool.
Now, I will try to inject my emunand backup into my SD card, and use the rx that you provided before. I will let you know that if it works later.

D

Deleted-236924

PastaCFW doesn't use emunand it's all on sysnand.

They tried minipasta too and that wasn't working either. No amount of emunand formats in GW Launcher will change anything.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: