Hacking Can't load files from SD card after softmod attempt

spengler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

This was my first attempt at a wii softmod (4.2u) system, and something seems to have gone wrong. Basically, I have the HomeBrew channel installed, I have GenPlus on a SD card. I can go into the homebrew channel, and launch GenPlus, but when I try to load roms (either off a SD card or off of a USB stick), GenPlus says "error opening usb:/" (or "error opening sd:/").

Likewise, if I fire up the WAD Manager (also off the SD card), it will run, but is likewise unable to load any files from the SD card, with the same error.

From the main system menu, trying to go into the "SD Card" menu with either of my SD cards just brings back "this card is unusable". I know the cards themselves are good, since I am able to launch homebrew apps off them -- it seems like I somehow screwed up the part of the wii OS that lets apps load files?

one thing of note -- when I first install homebrew channel and loaded the emulator, I was able to load roms with no problems. Then I followed most of another guide (http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/24839-softmod-any-4-2-wii.html) which appeared to work, and I _can_ use usbLoader to fire up backups from a WBFS drive -- but what I can't do, is play Flicky for Genesis, which is about the only thing my wife wants to be able to do.

I gather I mucked something up, can anyone point me in the right direction? Sorry to be so vague, if you need more information I can get it. If there's even an easy way to reset the wii to the total out-of-box default and try all this again, I woud do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: