Homebrew Can't load CPS-1 or CPS-2 roms and malfunctioning inputs on Retroarch-Wii

abadventure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I've tried a bunch of -stable- RetroArch builds, swapping the cores accordingly, reset the retroarch.cfg file, but CPS-1/CPS-2 roms just won't work at all (yes, using the FBA libretro compatible romset), just get a black screen or sent back to the Homebrew channel. On the other hand, I got MAME2000 compatible roms to run, but while it did work, RetroArch presented an interface problem of its own: the + and - buttons from both the Wiimote and Classic Controller Pro wouldn't work for input at all, and neither did the Controller's shoulder buttons and "y" button. I have a regular Wii RVL-001 with homebrew installed, the SD card is properly formatted and working with everything else but I tested with an USB for the roms just in case, same result.

What am I doing wrong here?? u _ u

RatoPuto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried a bunch of -stable- RetroArch builds, swapping the cores accordingly, reset the retroarch.cfg file, but CPS-1/CPS-2 roms just won't work at all (yes, using the FBA libretro compatible romset), just get a black screen or sent back to the Homebrew channel. On the other hand, I got MAME2000 compatible roms to run, but while it did work, RetroArch presented an interface problem of its own: the + and - buttons from both the Wiimote and Classic Controller Pro wouldn't work for input at all, and neither did the Controller's shoulder buttons and "y" button. I have a regular Wii RVL-001 with homebrew installed, the SD card is properly formatted and working with everything else but I tested with an USB for the roms just in case, same result.

Current versions of retroarch are broken (use supersonic version or version 1.7.5), the roms can be downloaded from the gametronik website in the FBA games section.

SamThuMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hi I had the same problem. Then I got hold of to Retroarch v1.3.0 and hey presto CPS1/2 are fine using the FB Alpha CPS cores. I added mame2000 core. dol file and that runs fine too.

Reactions: abadventure

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Better keep the safe place 'safe'
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Bounty. The quicker picker upper? lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Aloe vera now with rgb
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    On a serious note, have you tested your ISP DNS answer time ?
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    Last time i've checked, my ISP was like 5/6 ms slower than Cloudflare x)
    yeah. I've tried changing dns too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see...