Hacking Can't launch games after emummc update to 9.0

CarloBon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was launching a game in my emuMMC (with kosmos/atmosphere) on 8.1 and I accidentally clicked on update (from the popup that comes up when you need a system upgrade).
After updating I couldn't boot into the cfw anymore, so I updated the Kosmos to the latest release.
After succeeding in booting into the emuMMC I had the atmosphere error message 2162-0002 so I deleted the 0100000000001000 title from atmosphere and now I could finally boot.
But now every time I try to open a game (with or without cartridge) I get an error message "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again".
I can access homebrew launcher via album app.
(I already tried ticking off the archivation check for the folders on the sd card)
Any suggestions? thanks.

Last edited by CarloBon,

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is the system banned?
2. Are the games installed from the eshop?
3. If not try to reinstall the nsp

If this gives you an error, maybe you don't have the Sig patches(?)

Reactions: aarti

CarloBon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1. Is the system banned?
2. Are the games installed from the eshop?
3. If not try to reinstall the nsp

If this gives you an error, maybe you don't have the Sig patches(?)
The system I don't think is banned since I updated via nintendo servers, the games are installed with tinfoil but I don't think that reinstalling them would work because it's a problem I have with both the cartridges and ALL tinfoil installed games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The sig patches are online somewhere. We cannot share due to the rules, but if you just do some research i'm sure you'll find something ^_^

Tried but didn't work

Should I try downgrading?

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The system I don't think is banned since I updated via nintendo servers, the games are installed with tinfoil but I don't think that reinstalling them would work because it's a problem I have with both the cartridges and ALL tinfoil installed games.

Tried but didn't work
Let me try to explain this. Game carts won’t work on 9.0.0 due to it requiring a separate update that atmosphere blocks (so you can downgrade)
Try to just use vanilla atmosphere and try the dig patches, this worked for me when o updated to 9.0.0 (used /HBG/ for games due to my system being banned)

CarloBon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Let me try to explain this. Game carts won’t work on 9.0.0 due to it requiring a separate update that atmosphere blocks (so you can downgrade)
Try to just use vanilla atmosphere and try the dig patches, this worked for me when o updated to 9.0.0 (used /HBG/ for games due to my system being banned)

But to do that don't I need to do a full reset?

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since when? There is even a thread for sigpatches...
I ran into a problem when installing any NSP giving an invalid sig patch from both gold leaf and tinfoil (hbg) so I look around and found sig patches for v. 9.0.0 and installed them, this worked for me at least :wink:

Edit: oh oof I thought sig patches had copyrighted data in them for some reason. My bad

Last edited by Owenge,

CarloBon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Downgrade to 8.1. There is no benefit of 9.0 right now. Using chojdunoNX to downgrade
Is it safe to downgrade via homebrew menu opened from the album? I have heard that homebrews launcher from the album app don’t have the full “control” or something like that.

Sticker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Is it safe to downgrade via homebrew menu opened from the album? I have heard that homebrews launcher from the album app don’t have the full “control” or something like that.
I upgrade, downgrade at least 10 times since fw 4.1, there is no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them