Hacking Can't launch BootMii after updating HBC

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated HBC and I noticed it was an entirely new BootMii, so I installed it (as BootMii IOS - black wii btw) and ever since updating I can't get to it.

Any help? I'm kind of stuck here. I do have PriiLoader installed but I can't access bootmii from either the HBC or Priiloader. I tried updating again through the bannerbomb but still no dice.

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I had this prob when I accidentally went in2 the BootMii IOS option from the HBC! When u were in the BootMii IOS part was the Blue light on ur Wii blinking? I would just uninstall BootMii then reinstall it and see if that fixes it!

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
packerpride17 said:
I updated both, as I previously stated. I've re-installed it a number of times.

Would it matter I'm still at 4.2?
The latest HackMii Installer v0.8 will install BootMii IOS and update the BootMii files on your SD card as soon as it is run as it requires it to run now. So just the act of running the installer should of gave you a good install of BootMii IOS. Like dn_angel000 suggests you may want to explicitly uninstall BootMii then install it again.

Does your HBC run fine otherwise? Does it boot other apps fine? Run SysCheck v2.01 and see if it reports BootMii installed as IOS254. Also, might as well check to see what IOS your install of HBC is using - should be running on IOS58. If not, might as well fix that now too and install a clean copy of IOS58 if you don't have one already and re-install the HBC so that it uses IOS58.

Also check to see that your SD card hasn't become corrupted. Try deleting all the BootMii files off it before attempting a re-install.

-[]D

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just updated to IOS58. Everything else has been running fine up to date, just felt like making a backup and realized my bootmii is dead. Updated to IOS58, reinstalled BootMii and HBC, still no dice.

I would check my SD card but I have no alternative right now.

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold up. Ran SysCheck and realized BootMii is IOS254. How do I fix this?

EDIT: I've already uninstalled/reinstalled. When I uninstall it says SUCCESS and when I click A it reboots. Wut.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
packerpride17 said:

EDIT: I've already uninstalled/reinstalled. When I uninstall it says SUCCESS and when I click A it reboots. Wut.
Bootmii is installed into the IOS slot 254, that's perfectly normal.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Evil-Popeye said:
packerpride17 said:

Bootmii is installed into the IOS slot 254, that's perfectly normal.
Yep, BootMii IOS is supposed to go there.
BootMii boot2 is the one that shows up when you boot the wii, but not all wii's can install it.

BootMii IOS can be booted through the home menu of the HBC btw.

packerpride17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, well I install it and I still can't boot to bootmii through the HBC or Priiloader.

(I installed it as an IOS.) I've reinstalled/uninstalled about a billion times and it just won't catch.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like to interact with my smut ok