Hacking Can't install some .CIA with FBI?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm it sounds good!
But if i install a CIA files with bigbluemenu or devmenu, can i still play online?
Maybe i read wrong, but isn't most cia is a converted file from a 3dz file?

Also should i install both devmenu and bigbluemenu or just one of them?
It's safe there is no difference with how content is installed. BBM should be used for normal content like homebrew,games,emulators and Dev Nenu for installing system titles that you want to install to NAND.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes.
No.
Just one of them, most people seem to like BigBlueMenu more.

It's safe there is no difference with how content is installed. BBM should be used for normal content like homebrew,game,emu and Dev Nenu for installing system titles that you want to install to NAND.

Well in that case i will install BigBlueMenu!:yaynds:
Should i be in sysnand or emuNAND when i install it?
Also i've googled it, and i found many different sites, but they all tell me different ways of how to install it :/

Last edited by Naxster,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in that case i will install BigBlueMenu!:yaynds:
Should i be in sysnand or emuNAND when i install it?
Also i've googled it, and i found many different sites, but they all tell me different ways of how to install it :/
Is this the right way to install it? ?????
Just install them to Emunand also you should probably remove that link since it is copyrighted content.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i removed it:):(
Is there any specific version i should install?^_^
Try googling bigbluebox digiex for BBM (titlemanager) as for Dev Menu thats tricky since its from Nintendo's SDK called devmenu.csu you might be able to find a CIA version using google foo but I converted mines from source.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try googling bigbluebox digiex for BBM (titlemanager) as for Dev Menu thats tricky since its from Nintendo's SDK called devmenu.csu you might be able to find a CIA version using google foo but I converted mines from source.
I have downloaded the files, but i'm struggling to install it :/
Where should i put the files? I put both of them in the root of the SD card. And when i boot up, i can't see it :(

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have downloaded the files, but i'm struggling to install it :/
Where should i put the files? I put both of them in the root of the SD card. And when i boot up, i can't see it :(
Just run FBI while in Emunand and install BigBlueMenu.cia to SD have you installed a CIA before?

maczilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
I had that problem twice, once it was a shitty sd card, the other times my emunand version was too low. That doesnt seem like any of ur cases, so im assuming maybe a corruption on either the filer transfer from the internet or the computer transfer.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You are in Emunand correct? Try using the latest version of FBI.
Yes i'm in EmuNAND :)
Should i delete my current version of FBI? I yes, do i delete it in Data management -> Software and delete it there? I have 1.4.16 :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I had that problem twice, once it was a shitty sd card, the other times my emunand version was too low. That doesnt seem like any of ur cases, so im assuming maybe a corruption on either the filer transfer from the internet or the computer transfer.
You may be right after all :O
As soon as i switched to the 4GB SD card that came with the console, the Luigi game started to install without any errors, even bigbluemenu installed correctly :O
I guess that my SD card is shitty after all :/
I'm still waiting for my 32GB sandisk SDHC to arrive though, but i found an Transcend 32GB just lying and collected dust... Maybe this card sucks:P
And maybe that's why i got all those errors, this card can't handle them! (for some reason)...

EDIT: OR something went wrong, when i transferred all my files using this tool https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-tool-release-and-support-thread.359239/
To my new SD card... I mean all the games that i had (only 3 games) in my 4GB SD card worked great in the new SD Card, but other, new games, hasn't worked so far:huh::huh:
I'm going to do some tests..

Last edited by Naxster,

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well
You are in Emunand correct? Try using the latest version of FBI.
I give up.. I can't even install the new FBI anymore... When i follow this guide to install the new FBI i get "Wrong version" even though i choosed the right version!
Do you think that i should just start all over again?

Here is the guide i followed:
STEP 4a - Only for users without the Gateway card or a Cubic Ninja game (O3DS and 2DS)

Users have reported this not working when your nands are still linked! I recommend unlinking your nands first! Read the section "Emunand Information" below!

Download FBI.cia

1. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

2. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "check TMD version".
3. Take note of the console region and the TMD version, and turn off your 3DS.

4. Open the rxtools download and open the "Tools/fbi_injection/[region]/[version]" folder and copy the "fbi_inject.app" and "fbi_inject.tmd" files to the SD card root dir.

5. Put the FBI.cia from the FBI download onto your sd card

6. Boot up your 3DS and launch rxTools. Hold L when the bottom screen glitches to get into the menu.

7. Press dpad RIGHT to go to Advanced Options -> Press A -> Install FBI -> Press A -> choose EMUNAND, then select "Install FBI". When it's done, it will ask what you want to do with the source. Select "keep" if you want to install FBI to sysnand later.
8. Now, return to the rxtools main menu and select RXMODE -> EMUNAND and launch the Health & Safety Information app, it should boot FBI instead
9. Select FBI.cia and press A to install it.

If you get a Database error! In your SD card, there should be a Nintendo 3DS folder. Open it, and open the folder inside that (has a long name of random numbers and letters); that is your Sysnand's ID folder.

If there are two ID folders, then do the following steps for both folders. One folder is for your Sysnand and the other is for your Emunand.

There should be another folder within, so open that too. You should now see an "extdata" folder. If you don't see a "dbs" folder as well, download this zip folder and put the "dbs" folder beside the extdata folder.

*Again, if the dbs folder already exists, and you have a title.db and import.db file inside, do not replace them!

Should look similar to this:
5v60o.jpg

Now, boot the 3DS/2DS and go into Settings —> Data Management —> Software. It’ll ask to reset or repair your software management information or sd card, so allow it to do so. Do this in Sysnand and Emunand!
10. You should now have a new FBI app on your home menu, use that to install your CIAs!

I think that the emutool didn't work that good :/

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem i'm having is getting the FBI to seem to detect the CIA file is even there. it doesn't show a install or install and delete CIA like these others on here. so what may i ask am i doing wrong?? if anything. i go into sd menu navigate to the ci folder ive made to help avoid clutter and it just doesnt detect it or something.

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem i'm having is getting the FBI to seem to detect the CIA file is even there. it doesn't show a install or install and delete CIA like these others on here. so what may i ask am i doing wrong?? if anything. i go into sd menu navigate to the ci folder ive made to help avoid clutter and it just doesnt detect it or something.
first off, it'd been better to post in the noob paradise sticky thread to avoid bumping, and if you didnt get anything there, then make a new thread. but since we're here;
does the file end in .cia? is there any data on the top screen besides name/size? (title id, region, ect.) what version of fbi are you on? what kind of cia are you installing (homebrew, game, ect., since it could have been not converted correctly if homebrew/game dump before we could do directly to cia, or someone is being funny and renaming xxxxx.3ds to xxxxx.cia)

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off, it'd been better to post in the noob paradise sticky thread to avoid bumping, and if you didnt get anything there, then make a new thread. but since we're here;
does the file end in .cia? is there any data on the top screen besides name/size? (title id, region, ect.) what version of fbi are you on? what kind of cia are you installing (homebrew, game, ect., since it could have been not converted correctly if homebrew/game dump before we could do directly to cia, or someone is being funny and renaming xxxxx.3ds to xxxxx.cia)
im on latest fbi. at least fas as i know. i just installed a9lh other day and it said it was. idk. version number would help me to know. um a game cia. its not even detecting the cia of a cia installer. i wish i knew was the problem was myself. but alas i can't read minds either. lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b