Hacking Can't Install RetroArch on a Rebug 4.81.2 PS3, Error Code: 80029566

XxShalevElimelechxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, as the title says, I can't install RetroArch.
Whenever I'm trying to install it the progression bar stops and there's an error: "An error occurred during the install operation (80029566).
I've tried many versions, each one of them stops in another place, I've tried to apply Rebug mode, checking file sizes and looking for a solution online, but the problem is there are very few people who've got this error code too and the suggestions in the forums are not helpful to me.
Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!! :)

Last edited by XxShalevElimelechxX,

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you spoofing your firmware? Do other packages install okay like multiman?

Try updating to a 4.82 CFW and try with that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malformed pkg, perhaps? take the last two lines (in hex), place those in a new file. now, check the sha1 of the pkg (minus those two lines). the sha1 of the pkg (minus those two lines) should = the two lines you copied and pasted into the new file, so compare them. this is just a guess really as to why you're getting this error.

XxShalevElimelechxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
malformed pkg, perhaps? take the last two lines (in hex), place those in a new file. now, check the sha1 of the pkg (minus those two lines). the sha1 of the pkg (minus those two lines) should = the two lines you copied and pasted into the new file, so compare them. this is just a guess really as to why you're getting this error.
I'll try that tomorrow, I really wanna go back to sleep, thanks for the help. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're welcome. that fixes a different error on the system: 80029564 I believe, so it might be worth a shot. there's not a whole lot of info about it on psdevwiki.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure. I have a tutorial on doing this involving another error. I doubted it would work if every download resulted in that error., but it was worth a shot it must have something to do with your ps3 system then. another thing you might try is extracting the content from the pkg with pkg view. then repacking with just the PARAM.SFO . after that, transfer over the content to dev_hdd0/game and install the pkg (should be 100KBs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed