Hacking Can't install iPlayer wad (or download it)

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right...........

I saw that the iPlayer channel was available, so I wanted it!! It said I had to update the shop channel, so I did. I only did this as I thought it would be ok as I'd used the Wankinko's Safe Update To 4.2 guide to get as far as this (I've also got HBC working, DVDx, bootMii as an IOS and boot2 and a selection of USB loaders). So I installed it and went to download it, but came back with an Error: 204058. Looked it up and it said it could be a server prob. Tried later. And later. And later. No change.

I then tried installing the iPlayer wad file, but it came up with "ret = -1020" error - Trucha bug missing.

Found my USB loaders didn't work either, so I thought....... Damn.......

Since then, I've tried a few things.

Modify 4.2 using xzxeros guide. No luck.
4.2 to 4.1 using xzxeros guide. No luck.
Update to 4.2 using xzxeros guide. No luck.

I tried them all offline, and still I got the -1020 when installing a wad and 204058 when tring from the shopping channel.

I then tried the modify 4.2 using the online method and also cIOS38_rev15-Installer oline method, but again had no luck. I've also just tried the Trucha Bug Restorer a few more times, but again no luck.

I'm kinda out of ideas, butif anyone else can help, that'd be sweet.

Thanks,

Jon

P.S. I'm a bit noobish with some bits, so go nicely.

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
get ios a patched ios 38 and a ios 70 patched also thats it i belive then just install cios and u should be set

get ioses from google or just get them from nus

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cause you updated you've got stubbed IOS's IOS250(backup of 249) should be ok try running any title deleter using 250 and delete 249 and try installing your cIOS again(using IOS250 to install) and you could try dop-ios mod using IOS250 and have a go at patching your IOS's(36 and 70)

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone confirm the size of the wad please? theres one at 13mb
blink.gif

propered

Trophies
XP
Country
Last night iplayer had server problem it works fine now ( i think this was in certain areas only)

if you managed to install the wad fine
then i think all is fine and you should just retry going into channel later as i did and it worked again

I hope you didn't complicate it all (its like when you nearly take your computer apart because the wireless isnt working then you realize its just down ISP side or is that just me)

or YOU JUST NEED TO TRUCHA SIGN IT

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've deleted all the stub ios that I should in the instructions (222, 223, 249 and 259) then installed all the patched ios too. Still no luck. I'm tempted to go back to 4.1 or below, then do the official Nintendo update, get the iPlayer channel, then remodify and hack everything.

Would this work, or is it a bit much?

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So today I tried going back down to 4.2 then getting Nintendo's official update back up to 4.2. With no luck again!! Still getting the timeout message when I tried to download the channel from the shop channel. Am currently modifying 4.2 again to see if there's any steps I missed.

I'm pretty sure I've Trucha signed things, unless I need to do mor with the wad. Mine,s also 13,031 bytes, so I recon it's fine.

I had removed the stub ios's mentioned (222, 223, 249 and 245) before putting the modified ones on. Also prety sure the 36 and 37 ones were modded too, when I used xzxero's guide to get me back to 4.2.

Just doing my NAND dump again before I modify 4.2. Will see if it makes any difference.

All this to watch the iPlayer on tv!! Christ!!

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you keep installing and upgrading things just for iPlayer. All I did was update the shop channel itself and IOS 61 then it lets you in and you can download it.

I remember I was 3 weeks before I was able to upgrade to 4.1 as I kept getting errors as well then one day it just worked.

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess I'm just getting frustrated at not being able to get it to work and keep trying it again just in case I've made a mistake somewhere.

I've installed IOS61-64-v5405.wad and Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad but I'm still not having any luck with either injecting the iPlayer wad or downloading it.

I've also put on IOS37-64-v3869.wad and IOS70-64-v6687.wad so can't think what else to do.

It's beginning to get a bit like a scab you can't help picking at!! Will try one last time, then leave it!!

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hang on. Have I been a complete knob? I can install wads (like the ios's) fine. Could it be a problem with the iPlayer wads I have? Still doesn't change the download prob, unless the server's down (which it might be as I downloaded the Internet Channel again without a prob).

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a programme for watching any BBC TV or radio show on demand. used to only be available online, but BBC have created a specific channel for it for the Wii.

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
propered said:
Last night iplayer had server problem it works fine now ( i think this was in certain areas only)

if you managed to install the wad fine
then i think all is fine and you should just retry going into channel later as i did and it worked again

I hope you didn't complicate it all (its like when you nearly take your computer apart because the wireless isnt working then you realize its just down ISP side or is that just me)

or YOU JUST NEED TO TRUCHA SIGN IT

How do you Trucha sign a wad? What's the best programme to use?

orangejon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Done all of that and still no luck. Beginning to think I've done something really bad in a past life and I'm being punished!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Why am I always late to the party?