Hacking Can't install game on USB Loader GX

inadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a hard drive that I partitioned to some WBFS and the rest NTFS. It worked great for a while. Then I realized some of the benefits of FAT32 so I deleted my WBFS partition and replaced it with a FAT32 one. Now when I use Wii Backup Manager to load my old .wbfs files into the FAT partition's wbfs folder it always makes another folder within it to store just one file. GX doesn't recognize the game when it does this so is there any way to turn this off?

But my big problem is that when I try to insert one of my games and install it with GX it gives a black code dump screen headed with (DSI) Exception. I used to be able to rip games all the time with my WBFS partition and use Wii Backup Manager without having to worry about the extra folder...can you help me fix these two problems. (The one about installing games and the error is more important as I can manually take the file out of the folder if needed.)

BTW I tried using CFG Loader to install and it worked but I want to use GX...

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Go to the settings of Wii Backup Manager and in the fat32/ntfs tab, change the folder layout to make it store all the games on a single folder.

I don't know about your other problem, haven't used gx in years. Do you have the latest version of the loader and cios?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the file being installed in a sub-folder is an option of WiiBackupManager.
Go the the options of that program, on the FAT32/NTFS tab you should have a way to indicate if you want subfolder or not, and if yes, which name to use.

About USBloader, do you have the version 2.2 ?
also, to use FAT32, you need either Hermes cIOS or cIOSx >17 (recommended "rev21 d2x v6 [base 56]"). I suppose it's already the case, so you should be fine.
Note: You can see which version and IOS you are currently using in the Credit page of USBLoaderGX.

Edit : Ninja'ed by Spongebob
ninja.gif

inadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses...yup I have the Hermes cios and I can play the games and now thanks to your tips, I can load it from Wii Back up Manager.

That leaves my main problem. Why is there a DSI Exception every time I try to install a game from a disc? And yes I believe I have GX 2.2

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DSI and code dump are bugs in the program's code.
It's hard to tell you what's wrong without more specific informations.

does it code dump when you launch the menu?
click the "+"
insert a disc ?
after some progress?
All games, or specific ones?
etc.
Please give more details.

You can also try to use a different cIOS (go to the main settings and set IOS249 or 250 instead of 222 or 223, and reboot the Loader).

inadog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all you input. I tried reinstalling GX and it seems to have worked but one of the games is missing its title and I can't edit it...why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you need the new Wiitdb file format.
Go to settings > page 3 > update > Wiitdb
then check that setting > GUI > use Wiitdb is enabled.

Could also be because it's using unicodes or japanese title and you currently have a theme with an incompatible font?
Disable themes if it's the case (to try).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.