can't install bain age a second time from eshop (not a CBHC user)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Blasingame, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Blasingame
    OP

Blasingame Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2009
    United States
    Hello,

I had hakchi setup and was installing VC titles to my USB (using WUP) when I accidently installed Brain Age and couldn't get back to loading hakchi. SO I deleted the hakchi channel after it would not load (corrupted data), thinking I could go back to the e-shop and re-download my purchase of brain age and re-rig using browser hax.

The problem is now the game will download from the e-shop, but it won't install because there is an error. Is it possible there is some residual install data on my wiiu that I don't know about? I have uninstalled the game from the system memory and unplugged my USB HDD. Do i need to perform a reset? I have no way of accessing the Homebrew channel at this point.

I am on 5.5.3 U

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention i have a backuo of nand on my SD card.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by Blasingame, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    When installing eshop games and DLC with WUP installer, you will install a fake ticket alonng with the eshop game/dlc. However uninstalling the games wont uninstall the ticket. When the fake ticket is present the eshop will fail installing the legit version of the title (in your case Brain training). To solve this problem you will need to manualy uninstall the fake ticket, there's a guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-delete-a-fake-ticket.480620/ but that's where my knowledge of uninstalling tickets go.

Blasingame likes this.
  3. Blasingame
    OP

Blasingame Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2009
    United States
    Resolved!

Thank you for steering me on the right direction!

Litle_Bird likes this.